12 Hour Day Shift
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
Under the supervision of an RN, performs various patient care activities, continuous observation and surveillance of assigned patients and other related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous Nursing Assistant experience preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers certification from either AHA, ARC or the Military Training Network is required within 7 days of hire in all units, unless currently certified in ACLS and/or PALS as defined in the SAHS Certification Crosswalk.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Performs skills within the Unlicensed Assistant Personnel scope of practice as defined by the Idaho State Board. Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric as applicable).
- Provides activities of daily living as assigned Revenue Management: Ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital safety policies and procedures. Assists in collection of patient care information.
- Demonstrates safe operation of patient care equipment. Communicates verbally and in writing results of patient care information.
- May act as a Patient Visual Monitor which requires: Maintaining visual observation at all times. Verbally redirecting patients in person or over digital 2-way audio device that is in patient room. Immediately summoning the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Documenting every 15-30 minutes, as appropriate, on Observation Flow Sheet.
- Participating in handing off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patients when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment.
- Seeking help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others.
- Participating in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment safety.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.