Who We Are: Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is now accepting applications for a Nursing Services Surveyor Consultant (NSSC) in Lincoln, NE! Are you a current Registered Nurse? Do you have experience working with home health, hospice or End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) facilities? Apply now for a wonderful opportunity to inspect these facilities with your expert knowledge and experience as a registered nurse to ensure the facilities and health care services are maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
Hiring rate of position:$23.203 - $29.004/hour, pay based on years of RN experience
Location of position: Omaha and Lincoln
Work schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
Examples of Work
As a Nursing Services Surveyor Consultant, you will be:
- Primarily surveying or inspecting home health agencies, hospices, ESRD dialysis facilities, adult day services and other types of health care facilities and health care services to determine compliance with state and federal regulations and program standards to qualify for licensure and certification
- Determining compliance of:
- Assigned health care facilities/services with statutes, regulations and standards of practice
- Adequacy and proper use of patient equipment, medication provision, administration and storage
- Patient records and care plans
- Nutrition services
- Rehabilitation services
- Physical Environment
- Sanitation of premises
- Infection control and the level, type, qualification and training of facility/service staff
- Observing and interviewing staff, families, patients and reviews records to determine the adequacy of patient care and treatment
- Preparing written reports to document deficiencies in compliance with CMS/State protocols and performance standards
- Investigating complaints to determine deficient practices
- Scheduling survey or inspection activities to ensure that completion of the required number and types of surveys or inspections and complaint investigations, including any required follow-up revisits are accomplished
- Providing information on statutes, regulations and survey or inspection protocols
- Explaining guidelines and any other program requirements to assist providers in understanding and complying with licensure and certification requirements
- Preparing for and providing testimony in contested licensure and/or certification cases Conducting informal Conferences and Informal Dispute Resolution for contested cases involving health care facilities or health care services
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Post high school coursework/training in professional nursing AND Experience in hospital, public health or nursing administration, teaching or surveying health care facilities. A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Nebraska or authority based on the Nurse Licensure Compact to practice as a registered nurse in Nebraska.
OTHER: Completion of surveyor training courses as prescribed by the federal Medicare/Medicaid programs is required for continued employment. Continuing education is a requirement to maintain licensure as a Licensed Registered Nurse. Frequent overnight and/or regular day travel is required of incumbents of this job class; valid driver's license or independent authorized transportation required. May work irregular hours to accomplish surveys. What You'll Bring:
- Experience in home health, hospice or ESRD facilities
- Two or more consecutive years of management experience including direct responsibility for: staff development, training, and resolution of personnel issues; policy and procedure development, revision, and implementation; and resource management to meet multiple/competing deadlines.
OTHER: Valid driver's license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: the principles and practices of professional nursing; the techniques of interviewing and counseling; the principles of public health and medical care administration; current methods and practices in health care facilities; health care facility equipment, construction and safety; federal Medicare and Medicaid requirements.
Skill in: communicating with medical professionals, administrators and the public to exchange and elicit information; interviewing customers to collect essential information; explaining and defending decisions; listening to and understanding instructions. Computer skills: typing 45 wpm and proficiency in using Outlook and Word.
Ability to: communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, make complex decisions, demonstrate professional composure, display a constant commitment to excellence, and demonstrate a high personal standard of integrity. Ability to learn and apply agency rules, policies, procedures and work standards; learn and apply State licensure and federal Medicare and Medicaid requirements; learn and perform appropriate inspection techniques to evaluate health care facility practices in areas including patient condition and care, equipment usage, medication administration and storage, pharmaceutical services, patient records and care plans, dietetics, administration and physical environment; communicate ideas clearly and concisely; assess facility progress toward achievement of program objectives and adherence with program standards; make decisions and take necessary corrective actions within established guidelines; interact with individuals to gain their confidence and establish rapport; analyze, prepare, present and interpret reports and other documents related to health care facility survey activities.
This job has expired.