Hours subject to change but currently are:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - 7 am to 5:30 pm
Whitehall Rehab, 905 E. Colby Street, Whitehall, MI
Will utilize independent judgement, provide clerical and administrative support to outpatient rehab clinics, Wound clinic and/or Hyperbaric clinic, staff, patients and referral sources. Will be responsible for scheduling new evaluations and repeat visits and will register and pre-register patients inEMR, including verification of patient demographics and insurance information. Will also be responsible for all transactions within payment processing system and must be efficient and effective in creating and interpreting routine reports and maintaining medical records in accordance with HIPAA standards. Will obtain, document and track patient insurance authorization and benefits, using on-line websites and through telephone communication. Investigate charge errors and payment denials. Experience within a health care office setting is preferred. Customer service, strong communication skills and ability to multi-task is required.
JOB SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Scheduling - required to schedule new evaluations and repeat visits in current scheduling system.
- Registration - required to pre-register and register patients in current registration system, including verifying patient demographics and insurance information.
- Insurance - obtaining, documenting and tracking patient insurance authorization and benefits. Investigating and correcting charge errors. Working departmental payment denial report.
- Phones - answering multi-line phone, routing calls to appropriate staff or taking accurate messages to relay to staff, handling voice messages and return phone calls.
- Faxing - sending correspondence to insurance companies, physician offices, etc. Also sending plan of care to physician office for signature, recording when fax was sent and re-sending if not received in appropriate time. Handling all incoming department faxes and routing to appropriate staff.
- Scanning - patient paperwork and signed plans of care into current documentation system.
- Copying - patient paperwork for patient packets, patient records for medical requests and other things as needed.
- Copays - collecting patient copays and recording in current payment processing system. Creating, processing and making copay deposits utilizing appropriate reports from current payment processing system.
- Medical Record - processing medical record requests and managing medical records in accordance with HIPPA standards.
- Creating and interpreting routine reports and correspondence as well as working documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and standard work documents.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of high school required.
- Associate's degree with medical certification or two years' experience with insurance authorization/benefit verification in a healthcare office preferred.
- Medical terminology class or knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology is preferred.
- Must have excellent typing skills and well-developed communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with individuals and groups representing diverse perspectives.
- Superior customer service skills are required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and healthcare systems preferred.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.