About the Team
The Oliver Wyman Insurance Solutions team delivers impactful business solutions and leading capabilities for life insurers, supported by a high-performance technology platform.
The Insurance Solutions team works closely with Oliver Wyman's Financial Services and Digital practice groups and operates at the intersection of technology and financial services to solve real world problems faced by some of the world's leading companies.
The Insurance Solutions team has developed state of the art software and methods for analyzing risk, profitability and value creation in insurance portfolios. These tools and methods help Oliver Wyman's clients to assess the impact of strategic and tactical decisions before they are carried out.
This cross functional unit is comprised of actuaries, management consultants, product managers, and software engineers working together to deliver cutting edge software and services.
The team owns the development and deployment of Oliver Wyman ATLAS, Oliver Wyman Areon, and Oliver Wyman Fulcrum platforms supporting insurers on a variety of topics from market risk management, to business intelligence delivery, to legacy system transformation. These solutions are deployed as packaged products for multiple clients (with ongoing support), as well as day-to-day tooling used for the execution of client-facing management consulting projects.
Our tools and solutions have been proven in action for over 15 years and have been used in hundreds of consulting projects. Our clients also license the tools and services to analyze and manage portfolios originating on 4 continents with many billions in assets under management.
About the Role
The specialist should have a broad-based quantitative skill set, combining financial analysis with software engineering, to help enhance the value delivered by our solutions.
The successful candidate will be the force multiplier to the case teams by providing quantitative leverage to clients and consulting teams who are using the solutions to drive key strategic insights out of the analysis.
Potential activities for the Quantitative Specialist include:
- Project Delivery:
- Collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver impactful client projects on various topics including, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions, risk management, IT system integration, product designs
- Synthesize the analysis to communicate business impacts to clients
- Participate in client workshops and assignments
- Provide technical support, and advise clients using the tool set
- Model Design and Implementation:
- Design financial projection models based on real world product specifications
- Provide analytic expertise to consulting teams as the subject matter expert in financial modelling, risk management, as well as the software toolset
- Augment project deliverables with models, calculation components, data analysis and data visualization
- Application Design and Development:
- Work with clients, consultants and the development team to facilitate the introduction of new features within the software platform. This includes submitting ideas for new features and improvements as well as driving the implementation of these ideas
- Participate in different phases of the software development process (design, implementation, testing, documentation, client communication)
- Help identify and design high value product features, analytic tools, quantitative methods and visualization techniques
Successful candidates have come from backgrounds in actuarial science, computer science, financial engineering, operations research, risk management, data analytics and data visualization, to name just a few. In addition to possessing a quantitative skillset, the specialist must be a productive self-starter with very strong communication, organizational, and time management skills in order to thrive in this fast-moving environment
The successful candidate will work closely with and learn from motivated professionals with wide-ranging expertise while interacting with a variety of clients. Team members enjoy significant autonomy to own their work and be empowered to make meaningful contributions. At the same time, this role will nurture valuable business skills and acumen to kick-start the candidate's professional career.
This role is a Specialist in the Financial Services practice group of Oliver Wyman and may require occasional travel once circumstances permit.About You
You should possess the following experience and qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree (bachelor or equivalent) in the fields of actuarial science, statistics, finance, risk management, mathematics, business administration, science, engineering or similar quantitative fields.
Recent graduates, or those who are on track for imminent completion are welcome to apply.
- Total of 0 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel/Access/PowerPoint)
- Intermediate database management skills (data transfer and access, filtering, transforming and joining datasets)
- Good understanding of financial economics (options and other derivatives), actuarial science and/or statistics. Experience with risk neutral valuation is an asset.
- Exposure to life insurance products and markets
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills (with focus in implementing business logic) in any of the following: Python, R, C# (.net framework and .net core), or C++
- Excellent organizational and process management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
The following experience and qualifications would be highly desirable:
About Your Career
- Prior experience with the life insurance market, with emphasis in risk management and technology
- Advanced database management skills (data model design, query performance optimization)
Oliver Wyman's work is marked by exceptional impact for our clients. By consistently producing results, Oliver Wyman has earned a reputation for quality work and attractive career opportunities.
A rewarding career at Oliver Wyman includes:
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization
- Work with our clients' senior management teams from day one to solve challenging problems
- A merit-based ecosystem that provides for rapid advancement without requiring an MBA
- A global staffing model and client base, enabling a diverse set of international opportunities
- Attractive compensation which is directly linked to performance
- A company that is committed to work-life sustainability and having fun
- Extensive opportunities to allow career flexibility including corporate externships, 10/11-month work years or sabbaticals, and non-profit fellowships through our FlexOW talent programs
- An open, respectful, and inclusive culture that welcomes, values, and supports all colleagues as they are
- A springboard to attractive career opportunities
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. Twitter @OliverWyman.
This job has expired.