Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 25 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5,000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Our professionals see what others don't, challenge conventional thinking, and consistently deliver innovative, customized solutions. As a result, we have a tangible impact on clients' top and bottom lines. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Location: Flexible - Open to all U.S. office locations, with a strong preference for Dallas, New York, orWashington, D.C.
Role: A&D Principal
Aerospace & Defense:
Oliver Wyman's global Aviation, Aerospace & Defense practice helps OEMs, parts manufacturers aerospace/defense companies, passenger and cargo carriers, airports, and MRO and other service providers develop value growth strategies, improve operations, and maximize organizational effectiveness. Our deep industry expertise and our specialized capabilities make us a leader in serving the needs of the industry. Also, Oliver Wyman offers a powerful suite of aviation industry data and analytical tools to drive key business insights through www.planestats.com
The Principal position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Providing day to day leadership of client projects and aspects of the client relationship and commercial process within those relationships, teaming with Partners, and sharing responsibility for the success of a specific engagement(s)
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high-quality case execution
- Leading and managing complex programs to ensure on-time delivery that meets agreed upon goals, leveraging Oliver Wyman best practice, their own expertise, and the firm's technical competence
- Guiding and influencing clients in an informed way across all situations including execution of the commercial process, becoming trusted advisors.
- Engaging fully in building business by identifying new and expanded opportunities
- Creating exciting and additive intellectual capital through their thought leadership, and are knowledgeable on a broad range of adjacent topics.
- Developing others and building a followership as part of their asset building for the firm
- Leading firm building activities, seen as a role model for firm values with a strong personal brand within and outside of the firm and are well regarded by Partners, peers, and clients
Our Principals are day-to-day leaders of complex client projects, working closely with Partners to manage client relationships, commercial processes and teams of consultants and specialists. They bring our projects in on time, always striving to exceed the project's goals. Their deep experience in certain business- and subject-areas helps them to become trusted advisors to our clients and go-to subject matter experts in the team. The ideal candidate will have the following:
8 + years of experience in a relevant role, ideally in a top-tier strategy consulting firm or similar organization.
- Expert-level practice-specific knowledge of aerospace and defense.
- A track-record of producing tangible impact for clients (eg. increasing revenue or profit).
- An entrepreneurial mindset, as this Principal will be a major contributor to the Practice's continued expansion and growth.
- Experience of leading and managing teams to deliver complex work to tight deadlines.
- Deep, proven problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to translate findings into insights, strategies and actions.
- The ability to deploy your expertise in thought leadership and other intellectual capital efforts to bolster business development efforts.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a readiness to present your team's work to senior executives at top-tier clients.
- The ability (and willingness) to travel for client engagements.
- Know how to take the initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you've already got to good use.
Why work at Oliver Wyman?
- Are not just intelligent, but creative too: ready to come up with novel ideas to solve our clients' biggest problems.
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you'll do meaningful work from day one. We're looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us. At Oliver Wyman, there's no "one size fits all" - we hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement. We have a collaborative, supportive and impactful team environment - we want you to bring your authentic self and enjoy working alongside diverse and down-to-earth colleagues who do serious work, but don't take themselves too seriously.Our Values & Culture
We're serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
Self-starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self-starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
Common aspiration, collective endeavor, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other's time and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people's personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.How to Apply
If you like what you've read, we'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers.
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunityemployer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We're not perfect yet, but we're working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.
This job has expired.