Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at .
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking an Operations Supervisor to join our team located in Dallas, TX.
The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for running the daily operations and assisting plant management in the areas of service, production, manufacturing and/or maintenance to ensure the required business objectives are met in a safe and environmentally compliant manner. The Operations Supervisor will also be responsible for supervising production employees and operational performance; meets established quality, productivity and cost objectives while ensuring adherence to safety and compliance programs and leads training and compliance initiatives for the plant operations.
Operations Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- Provide leadership and direction for day-to-day operation over a team of entry-level production employees to meet demand of both external and internal customers
- Coordinate production to meet daily distribution requirements - including local delivery routes as well as daily shuttle needs
- Support Day to Day Distribution requirements
- Lead reliability, compliance, quality and safety programs for assigned area; ensures required government and/or environmental regulations are met
- Ensure team is fully trained in, committed to, and conduct their activities in accordance with all aspects of Praxair Safety and Quality systems and requirements, coordinating quality and safety training with Compliance Manager
- Monitor production/manpower levels within area of responsibility to ensure continued efficiency while anticipating problems and assisting with developing contingencies, reporting to plant management any problems, issues or production needs
- Coordinate and communicate with first shift counterpart to ensure smooth operation between shifts and proper handoff of production
- Identify issues and lead improvement plans in production processes, shift schedules, overtime levels, training, etc., reporting all activities to plant management
- Manage and escalate equipment and product quality issues
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of production supplies
- Oversee and manage inventory levels and complete DOT shipping documents
- Support 5S and Lean Projects and continuously identify ways to reduce plant operating costs through the incorporation of Operational Excellence strategies
- Handles routine personnel issues including training, coaching and counseling subordinates
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor Degree preferred
- 3+ years experience in an industrial plant environment required
- 2+ years managing and developing employees required
- Experience working and/or managing in a union environment preferred
- Must be willing and able to work 2nd Shift
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.