12 Hour Evening Shift
What we Offer:
- Education Assistance offered
- Effective Day 1 Benefit Package(Medical, Dental, Vision, and more)for positions 16 hours per week or greater
- Competitive wages; including weekend and night differentials
- Generous paid time off program
- Retirement Savings program with employer match starting on Day 1
Part Time; Mid-Shift; 1:00pm - 1:30amAbout The Job:
The Paramedic provides comprehensive, compassionate and quality care for patients in the Emergency Department. Care is provided in conjunction with, and under the direction of the ED nurse and ED physician and under the delegated practice scope of the EMS System. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, quality patient/family care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families that we serve.What We Are Looking For:
- Completion of a Paramedic, Advanced Emergency Medical Technician program or Critical Care Emergency Medical Technician with a valid Iowa License.
- Current license in good standing to practice as a paramedic.
- Preferred one - two years functioning as a paramedic with an advanced level service.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 6 months and Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within 6 months.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of references, background checks, pre-employment physical, drug screen and post offer exam.EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/DisabledIn compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), VEVRAA, and Section 503, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, please call Human Resources at (641) 428-7287 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions.
- Attends all mandatory safety education monthly skills and HealthStream assignments.
- Remain current on all ED Paramedic requirements including ACLS, PALS and TNCC.
- Serves as a preceptor to new colleagues and students.
- Must provide proof of Basic Life Support (BLS Provider-American Heart Association or Professional Rescuer-American Red Cross) prior to employment or within 30 days of hire and maintains current status.
- Must provide proof of Mandatory Reporting for Child and Dependent Adult Abuse training prior to employment or within 6 months of hire and maintain current status per State of Iowa guidelines
- Completes Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- Completes Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) - American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- Completes Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- Completes Level II Cardiac Dysrhythmias and Management class or equivalent within 3 months of hire, and annual skill validation for Cardiac Dysrhythmias (Does not apply to MFHL resource nurse functioning as a triage nurse only).
- Completes Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.