If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Gordon Center has an exciting opportunity for a Part-time Paramedic Instructor to work in Miami, FL. The Paramedic Instructor instructs and trains medical personnel within areas of expertise in accordance with applicable standards and regulations. Additionally, the incumbent monitors the effectiveness of courses offered and utilizes advanced skills and knowledge to enhance student learning and participation.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Assesses the instructional needs of the designated EMS programs.
- Plans, evaluates, and revises curriculum needs, and develops and implements course syllabi to assure the completion of program goals and requirements.
- Maintains current licensure and level of expertise and stays abreast of current changes in the field.
- Ensures that course syllabi are revised to accurately reflect the expectations the faculty have of the students.
- Provides students with current information regarding course requirements, grade determinations, testing, and programmatic polices.
- Participates in meetings to assist leadership's decision-making process and share expertise with colleagues. Compiles, administers, and grades assignments and examinations.
- Disseminates information to students and prepares exams and class presentations.
- Provides a safe environment for students by encouraging them to use available support services, engage in group activities, and participate in health science programs.
- Secures assigned equipment, classrooms, tools, resources, and all other relevant assets. Maintains FERPA standards as applied to public institutions of higher learning.
- Assists in implementing changes according to the recommendations set forth by the accrediting agencies.
- Follows the established clinical affiliation agreements with accredited clinical agencies.
- Participates in the development, assessment, implementation, and evaluation of institutional effectiveness plans and measures.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Paramedic License; Certification in relevant specialty or field
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environ
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type: