The University of Iowa Parking & Transportation department is seeking a Parking Maintenance Worker II. Provide repairs, service, and maintenance of parking equipment and parking facilities. Response to trouble calls. Collect money from parking meters. Create, monitor and maintain reports and records concerning parking issues. Make and install parking signs. Maintain safety, readiness, and cleaniness of parking facilities. Provide support to University events.
Duties to Include:
- Install, maintain, and repair parking related equipment (PARCS: parking gates, ticket dispensers, pay in lane devices, fee computers) and facilities (Ramps / Lots). This involves both scheduled (preventative maintenance) and unscheduled (responding to failures) work
- Service, collect, and maintain parking meters and various pay in lane parking devices. Includes trouble calls, rate conversions, and maintaining reports and records.
- Create, monitor, and maintain reports and records concerning the following parking issues: Parts inventory database, performance records for various equipment, preventive maintenance records and schedules.
- Design, construct, install, and maintain traffic and parking related signs (standard parking signs and electronic signs). Perform semi-skilled maintenance functions including working on lights, painting, carpentry, and plumbing.
- Maintain safety, readiness, and cleanliness of parking ramps, surface lots, and pedestrian areas through the operations of industrial sweepers, power washers, air blooms, skid loaders, trucks, and through use of brooms, shovels and other tools
- Provide snow removal which includes the operation of snow plows, sanders, skid loaders, and hand shovels.
- Provide support service for events (football games, basketball games, and other University events). This includes event preparation, game day activities, traffic controls, and event clean up.
- Inform Parking Dispatcher, Parking Maintenance Supervisor, and Parking Facilities Operations Manager of unusual situations and accidents. Participate in meetings and planning sessions.
- Use technology as required in fulfilment of position (e.g., email, Employee Self Service, work order system, cell phone).
2nd shift: Wednesday-Saturday, 1:00pm-11:30pm overtime as required for events, snow removal Department:
Parking & Transportation Location:
West Campus Transportation Center About Parking & Transportation:
The Parking and Transportation Department provides and supports access, mobility, and transportation services to faculty, staff, students, patients, and visitors of The University of Iowa. The department consists of five operating units: Cambus, Commuter Programs, Fleet Services, Facility Operations, and Parking Services. These units collaborate to provide a broad range of parking and transportation options and services. Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Three years related experience working with comparable equipment, both electrical and mechanical
- Specialized training and/or experience working with equipment unique to parking functions
- A valid driver's license is required, as well as an ability to meet University of Iowa Driving Policy
- Knowledge of University of Iowa Campus and locations of various parking facilities
- Experience working in maintenance operations
- Experience with motor vehicles, industrial sweeper, skid loaders and snow removal equipment
- Customer service experience
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Experience with cash handling
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Good communication skills and ability to work successfully on a team
- Radio communication experience
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and driver's license verification.
Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For additional questions, please contact Michelle Hayes at (319) 467-3093 or email@example.com.
- Classification Title: Parking Maintenance Worker II
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Organization: Finance & Operations (General)
- Contact Name: Michelle Hayes
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org