The Sales Merchandiser's primary function is to generate cash register sales at retail by executing key sales and marketing initiatives of Hanesbrands Inc. within specific accounts and door locations as assigned. This includes a primary focus on retail consumer selling and Fit Event selling.
The Sales Merchandiser is responsible for the execution of all company driven initiatives and for the volume growth potential at retail for the following key Hanesbrands Inc. product lines within the Department Store, Department Store Specialty and Mid-Tier Channels: Bali, Lilyette by Bali, Maidenform, Playtex, Hanes, Hanes Hosiery, Hanes-Men's, Women's, Boys and Girls Products, Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Underwear and Sleepwear, Champion Innerwear and Activewear.
At times the Sales Merchandiser may be called on to service Special Projects within the Mass, Specialty or All Other channels. Those product brands could include but not limited to: Beauty by Bali, Playtex, Just My Size, Hanes Her Way, Sweet Nothings by Maidenform,Self Expressions, Flexees, Legg's, Solutions and Hanes.
A key aspect of the SM's role is to promote sales by interacting and negotiating with the store decision-makers in order to improve the position and presentation of HBI products. The SM is responsible to build relationships at all levels within each store assigned. The SM's role includes interaction with and education of both retail sales associates, as well as individual consumers on all HBI product lines as specified above.
A critical role of the Sales Merchandiser is also to educate and train retail sales associates on all HbI product lines as well as bra fitting so they can generate cash register sales and execute fixture stock replenishment in between store visits by HBI Sales Merchandisers.
A critical requirement of this position is to measure female consumers to determine the proper fit for bras and various other undergarments and intimate apparel in the privacy of the women's fitting room on a regular basis as well as perform the sales associate training as indicated. The Sales Merchandiser is responsible for execution of Intimate Apparel Fit Events and educational seminars as needed by the accounts at door level.
Sales Merchandisers act as the spokesperson and liaison for Hanesbrands Inc. product lines in all business matters at door level. This includes implementing floor plans and/or planograms and creating effective product displays with stock merchandised in appropriate style, color and size mix according to the specific account product merchandising standards.
The Sales Merchandiser is also responsible for gathering information and advising management on matters such as, competitive new products, consumer product needs, space and location of our branded product lines versus the competition, and the quality of our stock levels. This information is critical to our business operations as it will be used to develop sales strategies and new product lines. Communication from the Sales Merchandiser is vital to keeping the sales function linked with door level activities and issues.
- Direct Consumer Selling: Promote and generate cash register sales at retail of all HbI products as assigned.
- Promote positive consumer relations within each specific account/door location, as well as generate cash register sales by working directly with the consumer on the retail selling floor and in the fitting rooms by representing HbI as a trained Intimate Apparel Fit Specialist.
- Develop relationships and interact on each sales call with Key Store Management and Store decision makers on current sales trends and goals, sales opportunities, product placement, visual enhancements, product stock replenishment plans and product resets.
- Execute Sales and Marketing Key Initiatives by securing and maintaining prime space and location on the retail selling floor for all product brands through negotiation with key store management. Also maintain product flow and visual presentations according to specific store product merchandising standards. Ensure all available stock of all product brands carried is out and available on the retail selling floor at all times and partner at store level to ensure all key promotional and new product point of sales materials at door level are executed on a timely basis per HBI Sales and Marketing directives.
- Promote sales of all HBI products by providing ongoing education and training for retail store personnel on current product lines, promotions and selling trends. This training may be on an individual basis or via in-store seminars.
- Participate in "Special Events" at the door level, this would include but is not limited to: Fit Events, Fashion Shows, trunk shows and other such activities as well as participate in "Special Projects" as assigned, for all classes of trade to ensure sales growth in all channels of distribution of HBI businesses.
- Report weekly action plans, in store feedback, issues, opportunities and information as required for all Sales tests and Special Projects as requested by management without fail on a timely basis.
- Communicate information on competitors' new products, consumer product needs, HBI space and location issues and quality of stock issues to the respective Sales Leader, Regional Sales Manager, or Director as well as report viable information in the marketplace to the Communications Administrator for publication in the bi-weekly newsletter.
- Perform administrative duties such as weekly call reports, competitive activity reports, Expense Management (T&E) reports, and any other required reports requested by the respective Sales Leader, Regional Sales Manager or Director in a timely manner.
- Participate as a contributor to the Bi-Weekly Newsletter and product blog team sites with in store news and product feedback
- Observe all Company and retail store procedures and guidelines for safe performance of job and entry into stores as a vendor representative as well as comply with all HBI Safety policy and procedures.
- SM's must provide their own transportation to all assigned accounts. In the operation of a motor Vehicle, the SM must meet and abide by all state and local statutes and laws, as well as all Company safety guidelines.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the respective Sales Leader or Regional Sales Manager.
- Servicing retail stores with the following zip codes: 60462, 46322, 60423, 60477
High school degree required. One to two years' retail apparel related experience preferred. Home computer access is strongly encouraged, with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. Work Relationships
Individual has external contact with various levels of retail store management, visual department management and retail sales associates. Primary reporting relationship is with their Sales Leader or Regional Sales Manager as assigned.Guidance/Assistance Received
Ongoing general supervision and guidance is provided by the respective Sales Leader or Regional Sales Manager. Training is provided by a Territory Specialist as assigned by the respective Sales Leader or Regional Sales Manager.Guidance and Assistance Provided
Sales Merchandisers will provide guidance and training to retail sales associates on product knowledge, promotions and special events activities. Sales Merchandisers also will provide consistent communication on competitive trends, space and location issues and consumer needs to their respective Sales Leader or Regional Sales Manager.Schedule
28 weekly hours: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 9am-4pm
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: