PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
- Ensure daily coverage of Access Center phone lines.
- Schedule appointments for new and return patients.
- Greet patients in a warm, welcoming and respectful manner.
- Obtain and verify patient demographic & fiscal information.
- Verify if active referral is in the system if the appointment requires one.
- Meet eReferral scheduling expectations set by the Hospital.
- Ensure accuracy of all new patient records and testing associated with appointments.
- Perform other duties and tasks as requested by Manager/Supervisor to ensure the efficient overall performance of the Access Center.
- Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in administrative skills.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Other duties, as assigned
(MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)Level of education required:
Work experience required:
- High school diploma or GED.
- B.A. or B.S. preferred.
- Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse degree preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- 1-2 years of healthcare experience.
- Experience in a call center environment preferred.
(MUST be realistic, measurable, objective, and related to the essential functions of the job.)Technical Skills:
- Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
- PreferredexperienceusingMicrosoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including computers, photocopy and facsimile machines, and readers/printers
- Ability to use Cisco phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), handle more complex calls and give more detailed information.
- Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer more complex questions in the most professional manner and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
- Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly way. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within systems.
- The ability to set priorities and follow through with responsibilities.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail on all tasks.
- Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to relate appropriately and effectively to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work well with several individuals/teams.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently with fellow employees to assure efficient operation and quality patient care.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, demonstrated ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving customer issue.
- Intermediate understanding and use of medical terminology.
- Intermediate comprehension of insurance types and referral process.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment with sensitive and confidential material.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.