St. Mary Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health, Mid-Atlantic, is looking for a Patient Access Representative to join our team in the Emergency Department!
The primary function of the Patient Access Representative is to greet, pre-register and/or register patients in a courteous and professional manner.
Shift: Nights 11pm-7am; rotating shifts
The Patient Access Representative:
- Verifies insurance benefits and checks for the necessity of pre-certification, authorization and referral.
- Performs medical necessity checks where needed.
- Secures patient signatures for required hospital forms and collection of patient's financial responsibility when required.
- Is responsible for providing professional, quality customer service, timely resolution to customer problems, and coordination of services to all customers.
- Functions to communicate revenue cycle related issues to patients, physicians, physician office staff and other hospital colleagues.
- Rotates into various areas of Patient Access and may work a variety of shifts.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including:
- HS diploma or equivalency [Required]
- Associate's Degree [Preferred]
- Minimum one (1) year experience in insurance verification and customer service [Preferred]
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- And more!
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.