Ready to contribute your talents to provide an exceptional patient experience? Join St. Francis Medical Center!
St. Francis Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking an experienced Part Time Patient Access Representative for our Emergency Room.
Days shift 10am-2pm, 20 hrs per week, rotating holidays.
Take advantage of this opportunity to work in a community hospital; a place you can truly make a difference AND gain direct experience for your career.
The primary function of the position is to greet and register patients in a quick and courteous manner, verify insurance coverage, obtain patient signatures for required hospital forms, and collect co-payments.
What makes St. Francis a great place to work?
Patient Access Representatives are responsible for:
- Location central to Philadelphia and New York City
- Supportive team atmosphere
- Amazing health benefits package for FT and PT colleagues, effective first day of employment
- Career growth and advancement potential (including tuition reimbursement!)
- Generous matching 403(b) retirement plan
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Capturing demographic data efficiently and accurately
- Communicating effectively with physicians, nurses, techs, etc.
- Utilizing varied applications to verify insurance eligibility
- Understanding how to identify numerous insurance payors
- Processing patient status changes and transfers to/from other units and/or facilities
- Admitting patients to units and discharging patients from the ER
- Identifying patient co-pays and collecting cash, check and credit card payments.
- Explaining pertinent regulatory forms and obtaining patient consents
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 - 3 years hospital registration experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.