12 Hour Day Shift
Saint Francis Hospital, a member of Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, is looking for experienced Patient Care Assistants to join the team!
Full-time day shift (7:00 am - 7:30 pm) - Every other weekend and rotating holidays
As a Patient Care Assistant, you will provide hygiene and comfort measures and selected nursing procedures under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). The Patient Care Assistant must also demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary to provide care to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. These responsibilities include bathing, grooming, and feeding patients.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Identifies patient needs and reports to RN.
- Carries out delegated, appropriate nursing actions for each patient.
- Delivers nursing care that demonstrates both knowledge of facts and sound judgment.
- Reports observed physical and emotional reactions to holistic plan of care.
- Completes all charts/forms accurately and timely, (example: Vital Signs, weights, Intake and Output's along with documentation on Flow Sheet).
- Reinforces patient teaching and instructions that have been given by the RN.
- Receives report and continuously communicates with the RN throughout the shift.
- Seeks knowledge in relation to patient's condition, disease entity or treatment and reflects this is patient care.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Nurse Aide certification required
- BLS Certification required
- Six months experience in an acute or long-term care facility preferred.
- Able to perform all skills and competencies as defined in the PCA skills checklist within 3 months of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage (effective 1st day of hire)
- Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- And more!
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.