Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, operating in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy and a part of Trinity Health.
This is a FT position on day shift with benefits.
This position is physically located at the Endocrinology Internal Medicine office.
- Patient Care Coordinator has many roles in their position. They ensure smooth patient flow throughout the day while multitasking and taking initiative. They interview patients prior to or on the first office visit to verify demographic and financial information, while working within HCMG/hospital policies and procedures.
- Schedule/reschedule patient appointments as required.
- Obtain necessary HMO/PPO referral authorizations for referrals received from other physicians.
- Obtain authorization from insurance plan for referrals to Specialists, as directed by our Primary Care Physician.
- Answer phone calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- High school diploma from an accredited school or equivalent
Experience & Skills:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT & ICD-10 codes and all insurance preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service
- Previous experience in medical office setting preferred
- Excellent computer skills including typing dictations, Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Passing score of 80% or higher on Medical Receptionist test required
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.