GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENTResponsible for project management support to Program Managers of multiple hospital wide patient safety initiatives. Project management responsibilities include:
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Patient Safety, the Patient Safety Program Coordinator will work with quality and safety leaders throughout BWH to provide program coordination, and analytical/decision-making support for BWH safety initiatives.
This position requires leadership and program coordination skills, excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills, professional maturity and analytic ability. Clinical background and/or experience in patient safety, risk management coordination preferred but not required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for analytic support for the development and execution of comprehensive risk/safety register
- Support committee chairs during and between meetings
- Prepare agendas, minutes and follow-up on action items from meetings
- Compose and/or compile/prepare correspondence, memoranda, presentations, forms, manuals, and reports using appropriate word processing, desktop publishing, presentation and spreadsheet tools
- Develop comprehensive reports on ongoing programs and submit summary reports to management each month
- Perform basic statistical calculations on data for reports and presentations
- Coordinate daily schedules in collaboration with other team members
Responsible for coordination of case reviews and tracking of all related tasks and ensure timelines are completed in an efficient manner Works with Executive Director of Patient Safety to perform other operational duties, as required
- Coordinate tracking and follow-up of action items
- Determine modalities for best practices and efficiency of tasks
- Support project planning efforts, milestones tracking, and other project related implementation considerations.
Project or Program Coordination: Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and projects/program, meet deadlines and manage to schedule
Communicate Effectively: Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written, presentation and communication skills. Ability to utilize effective communication tools and techniques including preparing cogent, appealing PowerPoint slides and presenting to clinical and administrative audiences
Solve Problems: Thoughtful and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve relevant issues that may arisePassionate about encouraging diversity, equity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in all aspects of work.Oriented towards promoting collaboration between every race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other community characteristics. Must be flexible and able to manage a multi-faceted program with a self-directed work style, balanced with the ability to work collaborativelyFluency in PC/Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Adobe AcrobatQualifications Master's in Business, Health Coordination, Public Health or in another Social Science discipline is preferred but not required Preferred experience in health care and prior use of medical terminologyPrevious experience in project coordination, and facilitating meetings is requiredEEO Statement
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This job has expired.