Pattern Analyst - National Security
LexisNexis Special Services Inc (LNSSI) Pattern Analysts provide data-driven operational and tactical Pattern Analysis in support of National Security and global missions in countering weapons of mass destruction, counter-proliferation, counterintelligence, transnational organized crime, and trafficking. Pattern Analysts develop and employ innovative tools and methods to identify, analyze, and resolve patterns linked in behavior, space, and time, coupled with additional analytical methodologies to provide direct on-site customer support.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn and apply highly technical data processing skills and analytic methodologies, as well as necessary analytic, geospatial, statistical, or predictive tasks that emerge within the scope of customer support
- Utilize industry-standard analytic software and tools, including Microsoft Excel, ESRI ArcGIS, i2 Analyst's Notebook, and proprietary LexisNexis tools. Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Python, and ZetX tools desired.
- Provide on-site analytic support in a multi-disciplinary team environment to deliver analytic products and provide appropriate briefings for the customer in support of combatant commands and deployed forces to enable operations against enemy networks and identify operational solutions to counter weapons of mass destruction and emerging threat activities
- Process, integrate, and analyze geospatial data from multiple data sources to create production-quality thematic maps, using industry-standard geographic information systems and scripting tools
- Translate highly technical findings for defense and inter-agency customers into concise, actionable products, or white papers and actively engage with the customer to ensure understanding and operational utility
- Operate independently while conducting high-quality analysis, data development, capability briefs, and reach-back support seamlessly across diverse analytic and technical teams in an operations-focused environment in support of a shared mission
- Desirable technical expertise in data and computer science:
- Design, create, and deliver automated workflows, data processing, and analytic methodologies using scripting or model development interfaces within the operational environment in real-time support of Pattern Analysts and customer mission requirements
- Obtain CompTIA Sec+ IT certification in support of DOD 8570 requirements
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Top Secret government clearance with SCI eligibility,
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required; technical, quantitative, or scientific field of study desired, Master's degree desired
- Minimum three (3) years of experience:
- In a direct operational, technical, investigative, or analytic role; AND
- In a military, law enforcement, or government setting; AND
- With significant work in data analysis, geospatial analysis, or software and tools development
- Demonstrate foundational expertise in one or more of the following fields:
- Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analysis
- Criminology, Psychology, Applied Social Sciences
- Statistics, Mathematics, Systems Analysis, Engineering
- Intelligence, National Security, Cyber Security
- Geographic Information Systems, Geospatial Analysis
Location: Washington DC Metro Area / Northern Virginia
Remote Work: Not eligible, COVID-19 mitigations may be required
Travel: up to 25% travel may be required. Ability for CONUS and OCONUS travel up to 100% desirable.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.