Job ID: 293639
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
The Payroll Clerk is responsible for understanding all union contracts in regard to pay requirements. This position will work closely with Finance, Managers, and Human Resources to ensure compliance with CBA's and FLSA. The ideal candidate will have a high attention detail and have experience with payroll including CBA's and certified payrolls.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Upload and process payroll.
- Make all payroll coding corrections in Viewpoint (accounting ERP).
- Ensure all back-up is in compliance with SOX.
- Responsible for verifying availability of sick/vacation days prior to payment.
- Work with Human Resources to respond to unemployment claims.
- Assist Human Resources with employment verifications.
- Submit union reports to A/P for payment.
- Update contract rate changes etc. in Viewpoint.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
- Participate in daily entries: fuel usage, equipment, union payments, production.
- Sales and use tax: compilation and filing.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provide administrative support to the finance department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Some college preferred, High School Degree required or GED.
- Three (3) years' experience in data processing environment or 1 year(s) plus experience with payroll operations
- Must have excellent alpha/numeric data entry skills.
- Able to read and/ or follow written and verbal instructions and implement the same.
- Experience with union payrolls preferred.
- Excellent computer knowledge and skill using MS Office (Word and Excel), e-mail and an attitude for learning new software.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to meet individual deadlines, as well as work collaboratively with team to help them meet deadlines.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Regular required attendance and reporting ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone, electronically, and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for e-mail communication, and preparation of documents, worksheets, and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require occasionally lifting objects up to 30 lbs. unassisted and occasionally exert forces of pushing/pulling of 10 lbs.
- Standard office environment such as a multi-function, copier, fax, scan and multi-line telephone.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Worcester Job Segment:
Clerical, Administrative Assistant, ERP, Data Entry, Administrative, Technology
This job has expired.