There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Project and Program Management teams are responsible for the delivery of the output/product of the program, which will involve managing a portfolio of projects and programs. Coordinate the teams who are working on the various projects.
About the General Motors Customer Experience Team:
GM's Customer Experience Team innovates and drives business value with solutions that provide Best-in-Class user experiences across the GM ecosystem. The Customer Experience Technical team designs these experiences across all vehicle, back office, and channel technologies so as to create a synergistic, holistic, and global end-to-end customer journey. PEMs constructs the technical plan and leads the execution from concept through launch and lifecycle planning
About the Role:
A Program Execution Manager (PEM) is responsible for leading and engaging the engineering, IT and Customer Experience Program Teams to achieve effective roadmap(s) and technology solutions to support the GM Customer Experience offerings. This role requires experience in Agile software product development as well as a working knowledge of GM product development processes. As a PEM, the candidate will be responsible for bridging the "voice of the customer" into the execution of GM's services and products.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background with the ability
perform Technical Feasibility, Validation of T-shirt Sizing, Sponsoring Proof of Concepts, Design Test and Learn, Backlog Grooming, Integration with Technical Teams, Validation of Tech Specs, Launch Readiness, System Performance and Usage. The candidate will also engage withengineering and business leadership on the IT solution, product roadmap(s) and technology capabilities. This role requires theabilityto drive theAgile process within IT as well as support the broader Customer Experience Technical Team during the product development and delivery framework.
Additional Job Description
- A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or related experience
- 10+ years experience in developing cutting-edge enterprise applications
- 10+ years of experience in translating business needs to develop solid technology solutions.
- Strong technical background with proficiency in software engineering and technical service delivery
- Strong experience in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Ability to manage product vision, personas (user roles, needs, wants and goals), user story mapping, backlog, value proposition/lean canvas, roadmap, sprint planning/review, iterative releases, product acceptance criteria, and ensure associated business benefit value
- Strong background in creating product visions and roadmaps that represent the capabilities and cadence of delivery to realize value back to the business customer(s)
- 5+ years experience in aligning roadmap deliverables to the GM IT portfolio to ensure planning for compliance with standard, remediation of technical debt, and to expose opportunities for application rationalization
- Advanced knowledge with developing Product(s) Architecture in terms of the non-technical business domain
- Extensive background in sequencing and timing of features that entails matching delivery to market imperatives
- Solid experience in engaging business stakeholders to determine value that will be considered as part of economic value, trade off decisions, or path to realization.
Please only apply if you DO NOT need sponsorship to work in the Unites States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship.Benefits Overview
- A master's degree in a technical discipline, or the background and experience that demonstrates a similar level of strong programming skills and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile, Scrum, SDLC)
- Knowledge in OpenSource, developing COTs products as well as standing up other technology platforms is a plus
- Experience with software development is a plus
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.