If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Gordon Center for Research in Medical Education has an exciting opportunity for a (Per Diem) Simulation Nurse Instructor to work in Miami, FL. The Nurse Educator, provides clinical education to nursing and patient care staff, and facilitates evidenced based practices within a specialized area of nursing. The incumbent collaborates with medical practitioners to incorporate nursing processes into the plan of care for a specialized group of patients. Moreover, this employee provides direct specialty nursing services to patients, ensuring adherence to Joint Commission standards and all related UHealth policies, procedures, and guidelines.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Provides education and resources to enhance patient care.
- Assists staff with educational needs, problem resolution, time management, and critical thinking skills development.
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff, and unit management in the planning, implementation, and delivery of educational curricula.
- Implements clinical skills activities within established clinical and preceptorship models, monitors data trends, and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Provides staff support in the development of patient care plans, incorporating evidenced-based research and national standards
- Consults with and serves as a clinical resource for unit management to ensure quality patient care.
- Educates technical and patient care staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments, and coordinates in-service training and workshops.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Maintains professional knowledge by affiliating with professional and technical organizations, and participating in applicable continuing education programs, conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience, minimum 1 year of formalized instructional experience knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Valid Florida RN license
- Current AHA Provider/Instructor certification in BLS, ACLS; additional current certification in PALS preferred
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Competent level of knowledge of course content for all disciplines to be taught, including GCSIMED developed curriculum
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.