2507 S Fourth St, Terre Haute, Indiana 47802
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Applies company pesticide products to residential locations according to schedule and as needed based on service requests; calls customers to confirm scheduled services; completes required production forms; assists in sales to current customers.
1. Applies company pesticide products to residential locations according to schedule, safety procedures, label instructions, and as needed based on service requests.
2. Drives company vehicle to customers' houses or places of business.
3. Calls customers to confirm scheduled services.
4. Responds on a timely basis to customers' requests for telephone and in-person service calls.
5. Completes required production forms at end of daily route.
6. Maintains vehicle and equipment in clean and proper operating condition.
7. Assists in sales to current customers through contact on route.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training in horticulture and/or customer service or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Attainment of license and/or certification may be required according to federal, state or local government regulation
• Requires extensive local driving. Valid, permanent driver's license from state of residence and an acceptable driving record per company standards are required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid DOT medical card. Must be 19 years of age by date of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Maintains licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local regulations.
- Maintains valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
2. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an application accommodation,Click Here.
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect as part of the application process, Click Here.
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.