St. Mary Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, is looking for an Inpatient Pharmacy Technician to join our team!
Schedule: 40 hours weekly, Day Shift
Pharmacy technician to participate in inpatient pharmacy workflows dayshift Monday through Friday with a one weekend per month and two to three scheduled Holidays per year scheduling requirement.
- Basic daily responsibilities and tasks include assisting the pharmacist in medication distribution, managing automated dispensing cabinets, delivery of medications throughout the medical center and communicating with medical center colleagues in person and on the telephone.
- This technician is responsible for actively participating in the main pharmacy workflow on evening shift and will require IV room training to help provide staffing coverage of the IV room as needed.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, flexible in managing responsibilities, able to multitask, work well within a team dynamic and able to communicate effectively with other colleagues and patients.
- Assists Pharmacist in responding to requests and needs of patients and hospital staff.
- Conducts patient interview to obtain accurate medication history.
- Asks patient if they have any questions and relays patient questions to Pharmacist.
- Pharmacy technicians are required to be certified through the Pharmacy Technician Board (PTCB).
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including:
- High School Diploma required
- Pharmacy Technician (PTCB) certification within 3 months or currently enrolled in Pharmacy School Program
- Bachelor's Degree & 2-4 years experience preferred
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- And more!
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.