General Summary/Overview Statement:
Brigham and Women's Hospital is committed to putting every Patient First. Every employee plays a role in providing a positive impact on patients and the care they receive at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Our service will be distinguished by the delivery of high-quality and safe patient care
, respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, families and colleagues and by customer service excellence.
All employees are expected to embrace this commitment and demonstrate behavioral competencies in the following areas:
People: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
Self Management: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
Organization: A commitment to quality, service and exceptional performance
Meeting these expectations is key to the success of the department and the organization.
• Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in administrative skills
• Provide routine and more complex administrative support such as: typing memos and letters, answering telephones, and taking and distributing messages.
• Coordinate calendar and schedules including: coordinate calendars for several surgeons and physician assistants
• Schedule all clinic appointments, surgeries, testing, and procedures for surgeons
• Assist with training and orienting staff as needed
• Provide cross coverage as needed
• Assist with obtaining authorizations and referrals for clinic visits, surgeries and procedures
• Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality
• Other duties, as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required; post-high school education preferred.
• Minimum three years of applicable work experience required.
• Additional training in office systems preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Technical skills required:
• Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
• Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
• Ability to use phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), answer routine questions, and give routine information.
• Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer routine questions in the most professional manner, and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear, and concise manner.
• Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly way and to sort and alphabetize.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within systems.
• Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo, or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages.
• Ability to type and enter data at an entry level. Entry level understanding of applicable systems.
• Understanding of the appropriate use and importance of related forms.
• Basic understanding and use of medical terminology.
• Basic comprehension of insurance types and referral process.
• Basic comprehension of registration and fiscal information.
• Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State, and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
Hospital based ambulatory practice. Normal patient environments where there are some exposures to communicable diseases, unpleasant odors, needle, and blood products.
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners; follows safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
De Pere, Wisconsin
Posted about 3 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!