Strong mechanical aptitude? Interested in working with high-speed manufacturing equipment?
Schedule: 8 hour shifts Monday - Friday plus overtime
Shift: Must be willing to work any shift (most likely 2nd or 3rd)
Primary Purpose of Position:
Perform high-speed manufacturing production functions to meet customer specifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting and repairing the high-speed steel packaging production equipment.
- Perform and assists in preventative maintenance on production equipment as required, including track work, elevator and complete maintenance of the line.
- Perform on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Conduct inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished products.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts and tooling required for assigned area.
- Relieve operators for breaks as needed.
- Support and follow the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Perform record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Communicate pertinent information to next shift.
- May be required to stage and maintain packaging materials and follow correct packaging/banding procedures.
- May assist with the disassembly, overhaul and rebuilds of production equipment.
- May perform troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
At Sonoco, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options that include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- A variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement plan
Sonoco is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED) or through equivalent work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 1-2 years minimum.
- Required on-the-job and classroom training, including SPC.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a production environment complying with all safety and Personal Protection Equipment rules and guidelines.
Working knowledge of the following areas:
- All assigned equipment and products.
- Mechanical troubleshooting (hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.).
- Use of micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Simple hand tools.
- Data entry.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.