Safely monitor and perform preventive maintenance on all company vehicles and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
• Monitor and perform preventive maintenance on all company vehicles and equipment including lubrication, fluid and filter changes etc., daily.
• Monitor tire condition on all rolling stock by measuring tire pressure and tread wear levels.
• Perform miscellaneous maintenance duties as directed or required.
• Possess, provide and maintain tools necessary to perform tasks related to maintenance on heavy/hydraulic equipment.
• Sample oil for oil analysis.
• Maintain records of maintenance performed, inventory used and identification systems.
• Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
• Maintain a working knowledge of and keep up with the latest technology through the use of technical manuals and attendance of technical training seminars.
• Attend safety and branch meetings.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); technical school diploma desired.
• Possess mechanical and tire maintenance or repair experience.
• Possess Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
• Must be able to meet relevant criteria for safety sensitive functions according to Company standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possess physical ability to perform all aspects of the job.
• Possess ability to operate any equipment necessary to perform job.
• Demonstrate ability to follow detailed instructions and work independently.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with others.
• Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, taste, and smell.
• Continuous concentrated mental and visual attention required.
• Visual Requirements: include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Frequent physical effort including handling tools and equipment required.
• Frequently lift/push/pull up to 100 pounds.
• Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, hot and cold weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, vibration, toxic and caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles.
• Occasionally work in high precarious places.
• Work environment is usually loud.
• Work in outdoor environment up to 90% of the time.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted about 19 hours ago
Posted about 19 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!