The Principal Global Forwarding Agent (GFA) is responsible for managing and operating the shipment lifecycle for their assigned accounts while also having a desire to lead, teach, and develop the team around them. They are a role model of knowledge, experience, hard work ethic, supporter of business goals and objectives with excellent customer service skills and professionalism. As a trusted leader of the supervisor, the Principal GFA drives a high level of operational excellence and compliance with process. It is expected that the Principal GFA develops their leadership, management, and commercial skills in this position to further prepare them for opportunities within the organization.
Our hybrid work model gives you the flexibility and choice so you can create a career that enhances your life. To ensure you have what you need to be successful, we provide an in-person onboarding and training process. After that, you are all set to work remotely 1-2 days/week.
Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Maintain Operational Excellence for themselves and coach the team around Operational standards
- Apply industry knowledge and critical thinking to adapt processes/create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally
- Execute/Coordinate shipments and mentor others on how to meet all customer SOP requirements: booking approvals, processing pre-alerts, governmental filings, executing delivery, ensuring proper invoicing, etc.
- Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments for all team customers: acknowledgement of shipment details, INCOterms, routing, dates, documents, etc.
- Regularly drive high level of operational integrity and compliance by assisting in audits and daily invoice overhead
- Serve as the team's first level of problem escalation and resolution, ensuring prompt response and follow through on issues until resolution and customer satisfaction
- Coach and train others on pricing strategies
- Provide and maintain a high level of customer service with Customers, CHR offices, Agents, and Outside Service Providers
- Develop & coach team members and assist with new employee onboarding
- Participate in new business implementation meetings as a subject matter expert and/or ensure SOPs are updated when needed
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
- Act as a key customer contact and subject matter expert
- Lead by example when it comes to customer outreach, retention, and expansion
- Act as a resource and expert to the department, branch, and network on customer requirements & process initiatives
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate cross-functionally, building relationships with account management by proposing process improvement and/or consultative leads
- Monitor customer shipments trends and its impact to our processes and operation
- Support and/or Create new team efficiencies and processes
- Participate in customer visits, assist in evaluating the account
- Ensure customer SOPs are maintained and adhered to
- Make recommendations to improve or implement technology solutions to recognize efficiencies and improve net revenue
- Provide support to Sales Executives and Account Managers for customer reporting
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3-5 years of Global Forwarding industry experience
- Associate's or bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Minimum 6-8 years of Global Forwarding industry experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Extensive industry and department knowledge (process & handling, regulations, international shipping, etc.)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proactive, ambitious, hardworking, analytical mindset
- Positive leadership skills and presence within the team (positive attitude, team player, flexibility)
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to directly and decisively resolve problems
- Refined written and oral communication skills
- High level of flexibility as priorities and needs change daily in our business
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to meet customer and business objectives both short-term and long-term
- High level of attention to detail and ability to execute with 95% of higher monthly audit compliance and very minimal unbillable charges
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.