Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 5932
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner® and Turnpike® Catheters, AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl® Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
Lead others & work independently on software architectural design and development, testing, and compliance documentation for our products that require embedded system software.
ROLE SPECIFICS, SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Plan, track, and communicate progress related to software deliverables.
- Design (architect), develop, test, and document software in compliance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Create and execute unit tests for each software module to ensure quality and reliability.
- Perform code analysis & reviews to ensure well-designed and well-tested code.
- Active participant in creation and implementation of software validation strategy and protocols.
- Update team knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, techniques etc.
- Investigate issues & anomalies and lead risk and root cause analysis for critical challenges involving software and hardware interface.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Lead Product level software strategy and implementation.
- Ensure the health and vitality of our products utilizing software solutions by:
- partnering with Product Development to
- understand user needs and determine software technical specifications.
- ensure concerns such as data privacy and security are addressed in the software solution.
- partnering with Mechanical and Electrical R&D Engineers to develop robust, reliable software solutions.
- partnering with design assurance to ensure
- product performance and safety through characterization, verification, and design/software validation testing.
- product and project risk are understood, documented, and communicated.
- design control deliverables are executed and documented appropriately.
- partnering with Sustaining Engineering to transfer design knowledge and commercial support ownership as products enter the market.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Degreed in Computer Eng, Electrical Eng, Software Eng, or other related engineering field.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in embedded control software; preferably in medical devices.
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role developing software-related product(s).
- Familiar with SW development tools, e.g., Git, Jira, VM, Makefile, compilers etc.
- Experience with embedded operating systems, e.g., QNX, Linux and various RTOS's.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and debugging.
- Proficiency in C and C++ OOD & OOP for embedded systems with various MCU's is a must.
- Experience integrating HW & SW modules, I/O, device drivers, emulator & debugger.
- Experience with SPI, I2C and other data communication protocols.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in team environments.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Familiar with Agile SW development lifecycle, particularly in medical device industry.
- Familiar with industrial coding standards for safety and security, e.g., MISRA, CERT-C etc.
- Experienced with UML and software architecture design tools.
- Knowledge of medical device development process and regulatory requirements related to medical devices.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
This job has expired.