At Motiva Enterprises LLC, our key asset is our people. We have over [2,500] dedicated employees who allow us to fulfill our mission - to be the safest and most profitable downstream company in the world. We own and operate North America's largest refinery, based in Port Arthur, Texas, along with a petrochemical facility and supporting logistics. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we are an integral part of the downstream group within Aramco.
This role will be a Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides process engineering support to production organizations to ensure excellence in Process Safety, Reliability, Margin/Energy Optimization, and Threat Mitigation. The TSE works closely with the Operations Support Engineers (OSE), Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Production Counterparts to ensure long term reliability, and profitability from the operating assets. In addition, the TSE plays a key role in Continuous Improvement, Optimization, MTA Threat Mitigation, and Turnaround Planning.
Experience and Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Perform proactive technical monitoring with regards to long term technical KPIs
- Provide technical assurance to OSEs and operations personnel during test runs, abnormal situations, and outages
- Lead the development and implementation plans to mitigate threats to unit availability
- Utilize sound causal learning methods for problem solving and participating in investigations
- Lead, provide technical review level assurance and participate in management of change to ensure robust process safety management for changes to be implemented
- Identify opportunities for margin and energy improvements and drive changes to capture these opportunities via established work processes
- Lead process support of scope challenge session for Turnaround
- Provide support to capital projects to ensure proper implementation and performance when integrated into existing operating units and systems
- Own and maintain long-term proactive monitoring, historical records, NLP models
- Maintain and issue Long-term Tech Assurance Report
- Lead process rep for development of Area Business Plan
- Responsible for long-term unit yield performance and optimization supporting of APC, NLPM, LP sub models, etc.
- Active member of Unit Performance Team
- Identify need for and take lead on Engineering Studies or Trials
- Complete Environmental Calcs as assigned
- Help ensure compliance with core work processes such as ESP, MOC, IPF, TA, PHA, RBI, CCD, MTA, etc.
- Lead and participate in Process Safety Management work practices such as Management of Change and Process Hazard Analysis
- Provide process engineering support for turnaround planning and execution to ensure reliability and Turnaround objectives are met
- Provide monthly technical assurance reporting to Motiva stakeholders
- Provide "off hour" and "around the clock" shift coverage for planned unit shutdowns and unplanned unit upsets
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant process engineering experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication with all levels of matrixed organization
- Effective teamwork in cross-functional situations
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Delivers quality results and is a self-starter
- 8+ years of relevant process engineering experience
- Previous experience working in refining
- Understanding of Process Operations
- Due to the safety sensitive nature of the job, must be able to pass annual respirator fit testing
- Move up to 40 pounds by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects
- Ability to reach all work areas in the plant (i.e. climb ladders, navigate catwalks, handle heights up to 50 feet, etc.)
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (respirators, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots, and hearing protection)
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.