You have a strong work ethic, are reliable and consider yourself a go-getter. You manage your time wisely and feel accomplished after a hard day's work. You are a decision maker who likes to be challenged, and can always be counted on to exercise sound judgement on and off the jobsite. You desire to learn new skills, be part of a team, and advance within a growing company.
The Drum Handler ensures safe, effective treatment and handling of containerized wastes by properly receiving, screening, unloading, treating and tracking incoming waste streams and outgoing residuals.
Day in the Life
After clocking in and attending the Safety Meeting with your supervisor, you will receive your assignment for the day. While no day is the same, you can expect to:
What you need to apply
- Gear up in your PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Load and unload bulk and containerized materials using forklift and/or light equipment
- Perform daily inspections of facility and storage areas
- Perform sampling per permit requirements
- Inventory and label containers based on manifests
- Process inbound and outbound containers by consolidating like materials
- Empty drums and transfer solids and fluids into larger containers for storage and transport
- Ensure the work area is safe at all times
- Performs general housekeeping
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- 1 year of general labor experience preferred
- Comfort wearing a respirator as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.For your hard work
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.