Job Summary: The Product Manager II will own one or more product features and lead project execution. He/she will own product development plans and represent their feature(s) within the cross-functional team proposing new feature ideas that address a customer pain point or need based on his/her deep and first hand understanding of the customer. He/she will prioritize and communicate production customer issues and defects based on relevant data for timely resolution and also lead the demo to key stakeholders at program milestones.
• Interacts frequently with customers, and generates customer requirements.
• Anticipates customer needs and prioritizes those for the organization.
• Understands how his/her role impacts customer satisfaction.
• Analyzes and interprets what is happening in the market, driven by the latest news/incidents, particularly competitive announcements and events.
• Predicts short term market changes and implications on the product.
• Continuously aims to meet customer expectations without compromising the commercial viability of the product.
Data-Driven Decision-Making & Analysis
• Actively gathers data from multiple sources (customer, market analysis, sales and revenue, etc.) to drive solutions to business problems and issues of consequence to the company.
• Demonstrates the ability to make trade off decisions between potential product capabilities.
• Evaluates product hypotheses in a quantitative manner, including AB testing for interactive products.
• Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems without intervention.
• Generates new ideas by analyzing product data for insights.
Go to Market & Product Marketing Lifecycle
• Supports the go to market strategy with good communication of customer requirements and timelines to stakeholders.
• Assists on launch plans through coordinated development with external customer facing teams such as marketing and sales.
• Answers sales and customer questions regarding feature function, pricing, packaging, value proposition and competition.
• Offers Train-the-Trainer sessions in support of operations for market rollout.
• Assists on collateral for sales demonstrations and customer events.
• Outlines key milestones, outcomes and deliverables during go-to-market and product strategy planning.
Product Delivery & Development Lifecycle
• Solves customer issues with product features that achieve business goals and metrics.
• Has a deep understanding of his/her feature area and develops prototypes.
• Participates in product discovery, according to defined process, for new product development.
• Manages portions of the product lifecycle.
• Is familiar with SDLCs as identified by management e.g. agile processes.
Strategy & Commercial Acumen
• Determines strategic product vision and priorities for a feature area, and shapes/champions future product direction.
• Independently uses information derived from competitive analysis to drive product direction and strategy.
• Understands, formulates and budgets the operating costs required to deliver the revenues.
• Creates product development plans including opportunity assessment and business case.
• Considers high-level technical approaches to use when prioritizing functionality.
• Is proficient in various technologies to assist day-to-day tasks (Excel, Balsamiq, Tableau, Python, SQL, etc.)
• Has a firm grasp of data and technical architecture principles and best practices.
• Continually develops depth and breadth in key competencies
• Takes concrete actions relating to feedback to improve performance
• Actively seeks feedback from others
• Understands own strengths and weaknesses and looks for opportunities to build on both
Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
• Is able to ask effective questions and collect facts from multiple sources in order to solve problems
• Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
• Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems without intervention
• "Brainstorms" with others to look for different approaches to current process and tasks
• Looks for opportunities to develop new ideas or thinking within own role
• Experiments with new ideas as part of role
Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
• Demonstrates effective conversational skills, including active listening and questioning
• Shares information relevant to own role
• Participates in team presentations
Collaboration and Teamwork
• Encourages co-operation between all members of the team
• Seeks team members' input and expertise; facilitates open and interactive discussion of matters affecting the team
• Helps people to resolve conflict
• Identifies and removes barriers to team performance
• Identifies ways for further collaboration across teams
• Establishes rapport with others on the team and across teams
• Works effectively with others to get work done
• Treats all individuals with respect
• Handles difficult situations, minimizing conflict
• Inspires and motivates others to high performance
• Brings enthusiasm to the team
• Gets to know others in the team and what is important to them
• Observes behaviours and models self after the others
• Leads by example by performing at high levels
• Shares own specialist skills and knowledge with other members of the team
• Acts as a buddy to new individuals on a team
• Looks for opportunities to provide feedback to others
Focus On Results
Drives for Results
• Works hard to achieve objectives
• Stays focused on key commitments
• Works with others to achieve joint goals
• Looks to overcome obstacles or barriers to performing
Experience (US Only) and Education
Suggested Minimum Years of PM Experience: 4-6 years
• Recognized as full owner of a product or multiple features
• Identified, led and released changes or enhancements that improved customer in satisfaction and/or commercial impact.
• Demonstration of thorough product development knowledge, include the ability to develop related business cases, content and product plans.
• Successful participation in customer engagements.
Education to Qualify: Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical subject (Computer Science or Engineering discipline) is preferred, but not essential.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago
Falls Church, Virginia
Posted 29 minutes ago