Do you have excellent attention to detail and enjoy proof-reading and editing documents?
Would you like to be part of a team that delivers scientific publications to a global community?
About our team
We support the needs of authors, readers, and the rest of the scientific community through hospitality and transparency and by fostering deep expertise in systems, tools, and workflows. We continually seek new ways to communicate and enhance scientific information by enriching content with additional layers and features. We advocate for scientists throughout the entire publication journey and beyond, and we collaborate with colleagues to continuously add value and improve existing frameworks.
Our skills and abilities allow us to adapt, grow and pivot quickly, and anticipate our users' needs. By emphasizing the personal and professional development of our workforce, we have built a powerhouse of skilled, knowledgeable, and collaborative people who overcome obstacles that stand between ideas and reality. We generate and support innovation, and we balance quality, efficiency, flexibility, and positive publication experiences in pursuit of driving science forward.
About the role
As a production associate at Cell Press, you will play an integral role in ensuring the successful delivery of manuscripts for electronic and print production. You will be key in guiding authors through the publication process, providing exceptional support throughout. You will collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to share knowledge and develop expertise-building initiatives and projects.
This is a full-time position.
- Preparing manuscripts for electronic and print production and ensuring deadlines, style requirements, and publication schedules are met
- Copyediting, as well as reviewing and providing feedback on editing work performed by others
- Providing exceptional customer service to authors and guiding them through the publication process
- Accommodating queries and special requests and liaising with editorial, press, marketing, and supplier teams
- Independently managing your workload in accordance with publication deadlines
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams on projects and initiatives
- Participating in skill- and expertise-building initiatives, department learning and programs, and online training courses to enhance your professional development
Work in a way that works for you
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong grammar skills and basic aptitude for proofreading
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage others and build relationships
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, with the ability to pick up new programs and platforms easily
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a rapidly changing publishing environment
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, and flexible working arrangements, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative, and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with coworkers who are passionate about what they do and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent care and commuter spending accounts
- Life and accident insurance
- Retirement benefits (salary investment plan/employer stock purchase plan)
- Modern family benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.