At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
Trane Technologies in Trenton, NJ is hiring a Production Supervisor - 2nd shift. In this role you will supervise and coordinate daily operation of production shift with responsibility for achieving quality and cost effectiveness in an on time and efficient manner. Responsible for implementing and driving change in a high volume, fast-paced, lean manufacturing environment. Interacts daily with department supervisors/leaders in Operations, Quality, Human Resources, Finance, Materials, Engineering, and Continuous Improvement.
- Responsible for overall performance of assigned work group, including safety, quality, cost and output schedule performance.
- Supervises the activities of production or plant associates to achieve objectives with regard to quality, cost and time. Evaluates the performance of associates and completes necessary reports. Recommends merit increases and training/development needs.
- Supervises the utilization of materials to assure an appropriate amount of parts are available to maintain smooth production flow; identifies wasteful practices and methods; reports any problems/concerns with viable solutions to the Manager, Production; and, reports suggestions recommended by associates for procedure change, etc.
- Actively support plant programs and goals, including but not limited to: units per man hour, safety and 5S, quality, customer availability, TAKT attainment, and cost as measured by overall plant performance.
- Identify opportunities for improvement; implement improvement plans, lead daily problem-solving activities within teams for process improvements, develop department budgets and ensure they are to plan.
- Provide for effective associate relations within manufacturing by ensuring that employment practices are fair and consistent. Ensure adherence to standard work, including plant work rules, collective bargaining agreement and payroll compliance (if applicable)
- Implement plant wide communication plans and initiatives with employees in area of responsibility. Serve as primary communication vehicle between leadership team and production employee.
- Bachelor's Degree or business degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of manufacturing experience required.
- 1 to 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Must possess sound interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Lean or Six Sigma Experience Preferred
- Experience in a union environment preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.