Facebook is seeking a college graduate to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction Team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our suites of services are delivered globally. Effectively designing, engineering, and constructing data centers is imperative in ensuring reliable uptime, available capacity, and global connectivity. Through this role candidates will gain exposure to how Facebook designs, constructs and connects its state-of-the-art data centers at globe scale and are developed for a career in support of hyperscale data center delivery.
- Gain exposure to Facebook's data center design and construction delivery models.
- Interface with mechanical, electrical, and/or telecommunication engineers to understand and improve system designs per discipline (e.g. power systems, HVAC and plumbing systems, geotechnical systems, telecom network deployments, etc.).
- Vet and support delivery of hyperscale data center designs in support of Facebook data centers. Evaluate innovations aimed at improving data center performance while reducing the time of capacity delivery.
- Support pre-construction planning activities while learning and leveraging Facebook techniques for project controls and quality assurance across discipline.
- Complete special projects assigned with the aim of solving unique problems to the Data Center Engineering & Construction Team.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture/Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or construction related fields.
- Experience in problem solving and providing data driven recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience working independently, managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (in particular, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills).
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience in construction related areas such as project management, building sciences, etc.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.