Primary Job Purpose
The Project Coordinator performs project office activities under the direction of a manager or project manager. The Project Coordinator may assist with various project activities in support of project initiation, planning, execution, control and closing. This includes support of project schedules and budgets, cost tracking, status reporting, project communication, information gathering, coordination and facilitation of meetings, tracking and resolution of issues, and tracking risks and resources. The Project Coordinator may plan and manage small, well-defined projects or sub-projects under the general direction of a more senior project manager.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Supports project management activities in accordance with the Enterprise Project Management Office policies and standards.
- Supports the development and maintenance of project and program plans. This includes project schedules and budgets, and plans for project quality, resources, communications and risks.
- Assists with monitoring and controlling the execution of project tasks against the project plans.
- Assists with the tracking and management of project costs, resources, issues, changes and risks.
- Supports the preparation of status reports and other project reports and presentation of information to organizational leadership, project teams and client/customer groups.
- Coordinates and facilitates project meetings.
- Monitors project documentation for compliance with standards.
- Maintains the overall project documentation library ensuring that all documentation is established, maintained and retained as necessary in project databases.
- Assists with the monitoring, quality assurance and reporting of project deliverables.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Demonstrated experience in project management methods and techniques and development life cycle disciplines.
- Ability to manage small, well-defined projects with minimum supervision.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Certificate or training in Project Management a plus.
- Ability to be highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
The Project Coordinator would have a Bachelor's degree in business, project management, healthcare, or related field and at least two years of experience in a project support role, or equivalent combination of education and experience.Work Environment
- No unusual working conditions.
- Work primarily performed in office environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com