The Project Engineer will manage the planning activities and resources of multiple capital projects ranging in size from $50M to $10MM to capture specific business objectives. Using project management, leadership and strategic skills, you will develop scopes, project execution plans and coordinate cost estimates, budgets and schedules with project controls. You will manage all resources available to meet all project milestones and execute projects from conception to start up, including during turnarounds and at shutdowns. Under the guidance of a senior manager, you will have authority to formulate and execute budgets and will be responsible for cost and schedule performance of projects.
While technical expertise and ability to execute projects are essential, equally important is the willingness to work day-to-day issues with Safety, Environmental, Construction, Production and Maintenance in a collaborative manner. We are looking for someone who can anticipate and challenge situations, use critical thinking to develop economic analyses and marginal evaluations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Education, Experience and Skills Preferred:
- 10+ years of experience managing capital projects in a petrochemical, refining or heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline
- Project Management experience working in a phased project process
- Effective managerial capability
- Outstanding written and oral communication and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with Process Safety Management - Management of Change
- Control Systems background
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card
- Must support and comply with the company's drug free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Must support and comply with the company's harassment free workplace environment policy
- Must support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Must support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
As part of the pre-employment process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks
New hires must have received their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine or be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before starting employment. The "final dose" is the final dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including vaccines that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. You have been "fully vaccinated" when it has been at least two weeks since you received the final dose. An attestation certifying that you have received your final dose or are fully vaccinated will be provided and required as part of the pre-employment process after receipt of a conditional offer of employment, and will be a condition of employment. Motiva is an equal opportunity employer and will make any required accommodations under applicable law for individuals with disabilities or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination. Contact your recruiter if you would like to request an accommodation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Motiva jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Motiva affiliates and service providers..
Motiva and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Motiva. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Motiva representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.