Mobile Communications America is seeking an experienced Project Manager in the B The Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of communication system projects and will act and be recognized as the leader / focal point for all aspects of assigned projects. Other responsibilities include delivering the contractual scope, on schedule and within budget, while maintaining customer satisfaction on all assigned projects.
Must be able to utilize PM tools (schedule, critical path analysis, budget, change order, risk assessment, action item log, etc.) to analyze complex issues and develop resolutions for any issues related to assigned project(s). The PM is responsible for allocating all necessary resources to meet project objectives, corporate financial, and customer satisfaction goals. The project manager is responsible for direct communication to customer’s organization and relevant senior stakeholders internally by conducting project reviews throughout the life of the project. In addition, the project manager is responsible for the overall profit of all projects.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Leads projects or portions of larger projects. Directs and coordinates the work activities of project team.
- Demonstrates awareness of all nine areas of project management knowledge (PMBOK) or applicable PM standard with a firm understanding. Is a major contributor to the development of the project plan.
- Contributes to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes project progress.
- Prepares reports for management regarding status of the project.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Exhibits a commitment to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious for effective solutions in order to meet/exceed the needs of internal and external customers.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Acts in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Excellent communications skills: including verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence and negotiation skills.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in technology B2B industry
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Experience with at least one of the following: public safety communications systems, cellular infrastructure, military communications, civil infrastructure construction desired
- Understanding of two-way radio / cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems.
- Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
- PMP highly desired or working towards PMP
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.DIRECT REPORTS:
No Direct ReportsTRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the ability to travel as needed. (Less than 50%) Some overnight travel may be expected.WHO WE ARE
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) provides wireless communication, data and security solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products, and services — including two-way radio communications, vehicle uplift, security video and access control systems, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless networks. Our more than 65,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, manufacturing, education, healthcare, utilities, and government. In addition to being the largest Motorola partner in the U.S., MCA has strategic partnerships with over 1,000 major manufacturers to offer an extensive portfolio of products and technologies.
Since 2013, MCA acquired thirty-nine companies for both geographic density and technology portfolio diversity. These companies bring a combined industry experience of more than 75 years to build out a central corporate team and three operating divisions – Motorola (MSS), Data and Security. With more than 1100 employees and more than 80 locations throughout 13 states, we are there when our customers need us most. Our geographic footprint includes service centers across Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia with the capability to service national customers across the United States. Our solution diversity and geographic footprint provide opportunities for employee growth and career development.WHAT WE BELIEVE
When you join our team, you join the MCA family! We are better together through the MCA Way: living our core values of Service First, Growth, Teamwork, and Safety.We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “Service First DNA” culture. Service isn’t just a motto for MCA, it’s an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more. Mobile Communications America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.