An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual who has a keen interest in the property industry in North America. The Construction & Estimating Manager will be a key part of the Property Group team and will be responsible for project managing new built-to-suit industrial building projects in planning, design and pre-construction. In addition to built-to-suit projects, a candidate will also need to be well-versed in tenant improvement and renovation projects, as well as giving rough order of magnitude estimates on both. This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites. The Construction & Estimating Manager will play an integral role in the development and implementation of the North American facility network infrastructure. This role will analyze and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out designs. In addition, this candidate must develop an understanding of the technical and facility related processes and systems. You will be required to interact with construction companies, agents/brokers, internal and external support staff (inside and outside the organization), and government municipalities to help with building optimal facilities and aid the success and growth of the company's property arm.
- Manage the project schedule (from pre-design to construction to project closeout) and identifying areas for acceleration along with understanding jurisdictional plan review durations; construction costs; any other costs, timelines, and resource implications.
- Obtain and document all specifics regarding projects from site selection and transaction management. Research and compile all available information for site.
- Ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
- Extensive experience with the RFP process from creation to vendor selection; inclusive of drafting, required content, vendor research, budgeting, response timeline, and next steps).
- Ability to visit actively owned/operated sites and potential sites and estimate the scope of work needed to renovate for an optimal facility
- Estimates equipment, manpower, cost of project, and materials required in accomplishing each project.
- Creation of construction estimates for capital requests, and other planning efforts.
- Makes sketches to detail construction work needing to be accomplished.
- Inspect property to determine work needed to maintain building to code and desired standards.
- Knowledge of building codes and electrical, or plumbing, or mechanical and related codes.
- Proficient at creating a conceptual construction schedule using MS Project.
- Prepare monthly reports as directed to ensure all construction activities are understood by team and responsibilities are outlined with necessary actions and timelines for completion.
- Provide weekly construction updates to the DPG team regarding all relevant property activities and their according status.
Who are we?
- Construction Project Management experience
- Excellent/High level computer skills (Microsoft Project; Excel; PowerPoint; Word; etc.)
- Functional experience in finance (e.g. creating and reviewing reports)
- Problem solver with solution alternatives
- Proven ability as an individual contributor and team member/lead with extraordinary follow up and active management of a multifaceted and dynamic commercial property portfolio
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and medical waste collection for hospitals, medical centers, surgical centers, nursing homes and an array of customers within the healthcare setting. Our focus is delivering quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce needlestick injuries, positively impact infection control and reduce environmental burden. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat medical waste on site at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
This job has expired.