Digital Realty supports the data center, colocation and interconnection strategies of customers across the Americas, EMEA and APAC, ranging from cloud and information technology services, communications and social networking to financial services, manufacturing, energy, healthcare and consumer products.
Now is the time to join Digital Realty and be part of the world's trusted foundation powering digital ambitions to our customers, prospects and partners. Digital Realty's heritage is understanding a customer's local to global data center needs to address mixed workloads and densities. Enterprises are adapting IT strategies on-the-fly to meet rapidly evolving demands. As data creation and consumption are increasing, so are the tools, clouds, networks and resources needed to support it. This data gravity effect can lead to global workflow management that isn't consistent across deployments, only compounding the complexities. As one of the world's largest data center companies, Digital Realty is seeking motivated and imaginative professions to grow our Enterprise business with colocation and scale offerings combined best in class connectivity, cloud and data centric solutions.
POSITION: Property Assistant
This position offers you the opportunity to bring your talents to the unique data center property management industry and join a growing industry leader. You will provide general support for a team managing data center properties, including clerical, basic bookkeeping and more. As part of the team you'll enjoy the best of both worlds, the close-knit atmosphere of our office as well as the stability and resources of a large corporation. You're sure to acquire new skills and resume-building experience, as no two days will be the same!
While the ideal candidate will have two to three years of similar experience, we also will consider recent college grads as long as they are motivated and have the ability to learn quickly with a professional demeanor. To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- At least three years of related administrative / office experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation (you will need to visit various properties from time to time).
Just as important will be the following qualities and characteristics:
Preferred but not required:
- Strong organizational skills and a detail orientation.
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple activities and priorities.
- A friendly people-oriented approach and the ability to interact effectively with customers and coworkers.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to achieve goals independently.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- A bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Yardi or similar property management software.
- Bookkeeping experience (accounts payable, budgeting, etc.).
As a Property Assistant you will provide diverse support to a team that includes Real Estate Managers, Assistant Real Estate Managers and others. The role is essentially a combination of administrative support and bookkeeping. Your specific activities will include:
- Supporting the planning, budgeting, and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports.
- Assisting with accounts receivable and accounts payable, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms and preparation of all related
- Responding to customer requests and needs and coordinating with the Property Management Team to assist in resolving
- Assisting in the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of requests for proposals and service
- You'll also monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement are being met.
- Scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Documenting and tracking all certificates of insurance from vendors and customers.
- Maintaining accurate and pertinent information for vendors and customers.
- Preparing correspondence to customers and vendors.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Maintaining all lease and property related files.
- Answering and directing incoming calls.
- Opening and distributing incoming mail.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and customer events.
- Conducting site visits to check and stock clerical supplies, etc.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.Our Mission
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital worldOur Vision
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.Our Values
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.