Position at Franklin Energy
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times - to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry's top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization's integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization's most "precious resources" are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
The Proposal Writer is a key part of the business development team and is primarily responsible for developing written proposals in support of new business growth and retention of current work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Reads, interprets, tracks, and ensures compliance with RFP content and formatting requirements.
- Determines appropriate approach in response to the RFP requirements and stated scope of work.
- Writes original proposal content, draws on past proposal library content, interviews subject matter experts to develop first draft of proposal response, and edits technical material provided by subject matter experts into a cohesive proposal response draft.
- Ensures win themes and differentiators are clearly articulated in proposal response.
- Coordinates involvement of subject matter experts and operations resources, including scheduling collaborative opportunities, deadlines, and type and quality of content.
- Responsible for document formatting, layout, production, and packaging.
- Performs visual review of all proposal deliverables to achieve highly professional and polished client-ready documents.
- Supports finalist interview presentations, including developing presentations, writing responses, and coordinating rehearsals.
- Creates graphics, maps, charts, diagrams, tables, and illustrations.
- Takes ownership for meeting tight deadlines and orchestrating all activities required for producing the final proposal.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required or equivalent required
- 3-5 Years of experience in proposal writing
- Experience in the Energy Efficiency and/or Utility Industry
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Outstanding communication and critical thinking skills, including proficiency with grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style guides
- Ability to work with a wide range of subject matter experts
- Relationship-oriented, energetic, and resourceful
- Positive attitude under pressure, strong team player, responsible, dedicated, and self-motivated
- Ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, and self-starter
- Expertise in software tools including Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat and graphics programs
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Willingness to travel up to 5%
Estimated Wage Range: Available upon request.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, parental leave, and more!
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Franklin Energy implements the use of dash cams inside their fleet of leased vehicles because the Company believes video surveillance devices (Dash Cams) promote the safety of employees as well as security within the company vehicles. The Company will not use video surveillance (Dash Cams) for any unlawful purpose including monitoring employees or giving the impression of monitoring. Our Dash Cam Policy applies to all employees of the Company and temporary agency employees, regardless of whether an employee or temporary agency employee may be driving or riding in Company Vehicles. The primary use of Dash Cams is to assist in the protection and safety of employees and property, prevention, and detection of criminal offenses such as vehicle vandalism and break-ins and staged-accident fraud, defense of legal claims, driver exoneration, and driver training and improvement.
This job has expired.