The Public Tag Agent Specialist is responsible for the profitable growth and attainment of business goals by marketing and servicing customers with public tag agent services. This role assists walk-in customers, supports office operations and markets products outside of the office via marketing calls and visits.
- Meets and exceeds sale's goals through new product sales, cross selling and retention of current customers
- Builds and maintains relationships with community organizations and local businesses
- Develops and manages customer relationships and serves as a resource to current and potential customers
- Provides service to customers seeking to pay registration license taxes and issue registration certificates and license plates
- Completes and reports the Office of Motor Vehicles inventory in accordance with their polices
- Receives customer payments, issues receipts and verifies reports of receipts for cash drawers
- Understands, promotes and remains current on Office of Motor Vehicle guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in policies and procedures
- Understands, promotes and remains current on company underwriting guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in company policies and procedures
This job does not have supervisory dutiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience preferably in business-to-consumer sales
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Demonstrated ability to market and sell in multi-product environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential to sales budget attainment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written, verbal and presentation delivery with ability to clearly communicate the features and benefits of insurance and other ancillary products to customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships and market our products within community organizations and the local business community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.