Quality Assurance Engineer
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a manufacturer of heavy-duty, zero-emissions engines for mobility applications. With facilities located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera provides clean, safe, and efficient products designed to meet the rigorous needs of industrial vehicles and other transportation markets.
Nuvera is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 7,800 people worldwide.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. This role will be responsible for ensuring the quality of product and processes utilizing the Nuvera Production System. Identify and implement quality improvements in manufacturing fuel cell stack and engine product Value Streams to ensure that product received by customers meet expectations. Identify, analyze, and recommend corrective actions to resolve quality issues in the Values Streams. This position works closely with internal and external customers to assure accurate problem definition and appropriate corrective actions are taken to eliminate quality issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Analyze, plan and implement improvements of existing processes in a value stream(s). Support justification for improvement; implement improvements through process or equipment changes. Present information to Leadership Team as needed.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing to analyze equipment / process issues to identify and resolve process / product issues.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering to develop and improve processes as well as validate equipment.
- Provide input for the internal quality process, including inspection, calibration, Internal PPAPs and MRB processes.
- Monitor purchased part quality in collaboration with the internal assigned Supplier Quality Engineer. Support the SQE personnel for new supplier parts through the PPAP process.
- Analyze and implement solutions to production quality issues.
- Collaborate with Design Engineering to introduce new / revised products in production.
Required Job Qualifications (unless otherwise noted):
- Support the BMS system through assigned activities such as internal audits, document control, and other BMS / ISO activities
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification preferred.
- ASQ Quality Certification (e.g. CQE, CQA, CRE) preferred.
Previous Work Experience
- 5-7 years in Quality field (or equivalent work experience in similar manufacturing environment)
Special Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Minimum three years in manufacturing and product knowledge in a similar manufacturing environment
- Broad Technical understanding of fuel cell stack and electromechanical systems and components (preferred) or similar complex part assemblies from another manufacturing industry
- Experience with leadership skills
- Extensive experience in problem solving activity with related internal departments
- Formal training and/or experience with ISO standards
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across all levels of the company
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint),
- SAP (or similar), statistical software (MiniTab, etc.)
Physical requirements/Work environment
Office / Lab Environment
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Nuvera participates in e-Verify.Job ID
Full timeWork Hours
40Travel RequiredPrimary Location
Nuvera US Billerica, MAAddress
129 Concord Road Building 1Zip Code
NoRelocation Assistance Available
NoWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.