Job ID: 283723
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Primary Function: Primary duties involve assistance and development of Operational Excellence, Quality and Safety Management as part of the Continuous Improvement team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job
- B. S. in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering/Technology , Quality Assurance/Management, relevant technical field or minimum of 5 years of equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels in the organization and external contacts
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Quality Principles
- Certifications in Lean or Six Sigma a plus.
- Hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Willing to be highly interactive and engaging with shop floor personnel and processes.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (metal fabrication, glazing, and/or metal finishing) a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Drive, support and provide training for Lean Manufacturing/Operational Excellence/Quality Management System development and implementation
- Ability to perform time studies, process and value stream mapping
- Participate with employee teams to improve processes and resolve issues focused on waste elimination, setup reduction, mistake proofing, production flow, 5-S, etc.
- Identify and develop quality standards, both external and internal.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Develop work instructions, training, inspections, checklists and other documentation required to ensure quality processes and compliance to standards.
- Prepare/analyze data to identify quality issues, investigate to determine root cause, develop corrective action plans
- Use problem solving techniques to identify root cause
- Support and participate in activities and training to promote a Safety Culture of Zero Harm
- Audit processes to identify opportunities to improve and ensure safety of our employees
- Audit processes to established control plans.
- Work closely with plant leadership and employees to integrate a Quality Management System, Lean Manufacturing and Safety methodology focused on customer value, employee engagement, process standardization and continuous improvement.
- Minimal travel required.
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: May 14, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
Quality Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Fabrication, Engineering, Management, Manufacturing
This job has expired.