Expected Travel: Up to 10%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine-At Teleflex, we promote the use of advanced anesthesia and emergency medicine techniques to help improve outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. We equip clinicians with some of the most advanced medical devices on the market today, from our world-class brands including:
• LMA® and Rüsch® airway management devices designed to help reduce the risk of airway-related complications
• Arrow® pain management products designed to improve patients' post-operative pain experience
• The Arrow® EZ-IO® System that helps address the time-critical challenge of emergency vascular access, and
• QuikClot® and QuikClot Control+® hemostatic devices, used by hospitals, EMS, and the military for hemorrhage control in a broad range of bleeding situations.
Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers advanced medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This Morrisville, NC based Research & Development Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of Emergency Medicine products. Experience should focus on Research and Development of Medical Devices. The incumbent in this position leads multiple projects and ensures development phases are completed in a timely manner. The projects span all phases of development, including creation of new designs, creative iterations and enhancements for existing products, and modifications to product designs. Products can include all classifications (i.e. Class I, IIa, IIb and III).
• Executes projects associated with the design and development of medical devices from concept to commercialization.
• Works with marketing, clinical, sales staff and customers to define and refine product requirements and specifications.
• Develops knowledge through competitor breakdowns, literature reviews and Intellectual property research.
• Works across R&D development teams for SMEs and additional resource support by project/phase.
• Develops partnerships within Teleflex Global Engineering network and utilizes accordingly.
• With an entrepreneurial mindset, develops concepts, porotypes and corresponding test methods for rapid development cycles.
• With the Project Management Office (PMO) and R&D manager(s), develops, maintains and presents development plans with critical milestones costs and timelines.
• Develops approved DHF/DMR documentation including, Design Control, Risk Analysis, Product Specifications, Market Specifications and Process or Design changes.
• Develops protocols and coordinates testing for V&V activities for new and existing products.
• Works with Procurement, Operations and external vendors to develop a robust high value product supply chain and to identify opportunities to improve such.
• Demonstrates professional responsibility by cooperating with other personnel to achieve department goals while fostering an enjoyable environment.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor of science degree required in Engineering (biomedical or mechanical); master's degree is a plus. Two to five years of professional work experience in the design of devices is expected.
• Experience in SolidWorks CADD (design/drafting) program
• Microsoft Office Suite, (Project, Word, Excel and Access)
• Mechanical and or mechatronic acumen preferred
• Experience in U.S. FDA GMP and ISO requirements for the design, validation, manufacturing processes, secondary operations, and assembly of medical components and devices strongly preferred.
• ISO and ASTM testing methods for medical devices and general plastic components preferred
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles and practices.
• Organize, evaluate, and coordinate engineering studies with professional, technical, and clerical staff of a product evaluation department.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Prepare clear and concise statements and reports.
• Speak and write English fluently.
• Self-motivated people person who thrives with challenge.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Effectively present information and communicate with all including managers, clients, customers, and the general public while always Building Trust.
• Solve challenges and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Analyze complex, technical and administrative problems and adopt an effective course of action.
• Form positive relationships which result in better project outcomes and make Teleflex a great place to work.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago