Are you passionate and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 2,500 employees across 70 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading benefits packages including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holidays to meet the diverse needs of our people.
- 401(k) plan offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement program
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
Enthalpy Analytical, is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group. Enthalpy is comprised of 11 laboratories servicing air, water, soil, tobacco, cannabis, and toxicity testing. Regulations drive the need for our services, but our unique capabilities allow us to add value to clients beyond environmental compliance.
The Regional OperationsDirector will have supervisory control of all operations and production aspects of multiple laboratories. The Laboratory Regional OperationsDirector is primarily responsible for the application and development of the labs' resources to meet current and future client requirements with lab directors and service center managers reporting to them.The Regional OperationsDirector is responsible for the development and execution of short- and long-term goals within the region. Critical to the success of the region is creating a sense of in-region collaboration between all sites as well as across Enthalpy's national lab network.
As a key member of the Team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- Define, revise and implement policies and guidelines for the organization.
- The Regional OperationsDirector responsibilities encompass the general business management of the region, and all its resources, including equipment, facilities and personnel.
- The ability to lead, manage and inspire staff to adopt goals for their department, business, and region through effective communication and goal setting.
- Ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer service are maintained.
- Guide laboratory directors and service center managers throughout the region in developing capabilities that address client needs in a service-oriented manner that maximizes profitability.
- Identify problems and opportunities and come up with insightful solutions as they arise.
- Keep abreast of new technical developments. Lead continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality of services and operational efficiency.
- Foster a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and teamwork.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the lab's and region's operating budget. Establish standards for cost control and waste reduction. Monitor utilization patterns of services and advise on developing trends.
- Implement corporate programs and directives for Operations, Personnel, Facilities, IT and Financial management.
- Have a thorough understanding of financial and budgeting processes and principles that allow for proper budgeting and achieving quarterly and annual budgeted revenue and profitability goals.
- Work with business development and marketing teams to leverage capabilities within region to current and future clients.
- Support the company vision, mission and policies
- Communicate frequently, effectively, clearly, and honestly. Tailor the message to the audience being address, e.g. leadership messages may have more detail and urgency than messages intended for rank and file.
- Up to 30% travel, 20% in region and 10% nationally
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry, Biology, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience required with multiple site responsibility
- Must have familiarity with the assays performed within laboratory
- Must understand the drivers that motivate customers to purchase assays from their lab
- Experience in managing P&L
- Effectiveness -Positive outcomes and results of communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills - Removes/breaks down organizational communication barriers
- Assertion Skills - Problem diagnosis, assess corrective actions and implement them fully, with follow-up
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.