Holman is a global automotive leader that serves both commercial and consumer clients The Holman Way by always doing the right thing for our people, our customers, and the community since 1924. The Holman story began nearly a century ago as a single Ford dealership in New Jersey. Today, Holman, headquartered in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, is one of the largest family-owned automotive service organizations in North America with more than 6,500 employees across North America, the UK, and Germany.
Holman delivers a unique range of automotive-centric services including industry-leading fleet management and leasing; vehicle fabrication and upfitting; component manufacturing and productivity solutions; powertrain distribution and logistics services; commercial and personal insurance and risk management; and retail automotive sales as one of the largest privately owned dealership groups in the United States. Guided by its deeply rooted core values and principles, Holman is continuously Driving What's Right.
Holman has an opening for an Account Manager in Los Angeles with a background in van & truck equipment. The Account Manager will be responsible for continuing relations with existing clients as well as establishing new relationships. They will also be responsible for increasing sales and accomplishing the sales goals set for them by the company.
- Marketing analysis and segmentation to define key prospects, prospecting, cold calling, identifying customer needs, quoting, closing new business, and service existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products by evaluating results & competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Professional and Technical knowledge of vans & light duty trucks.
- Previous sales management experience
- Must have previous 3 to 5 years of outside sales experience in vocational equipment and or truck sales.
- Can demonstrate a track record of sales achievement and new business development in the industry.
- Valid Driver's License required
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Setting priorities and adapting to changing work priorities.
- Must be self-sufficient and driven.
- Meeting deadlines and schedules.
- Strong attendance record
- Professional personal appearance
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
MENTAL/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Computers and Electronics - The applicant needs to be proficient on a computer and have the ability to learn new programs quickly. Must be able to use Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook). Must be able to work independently and create innovative solutions to problems with minimal direction from supervisors.
- Mathematical - Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The following are representative of the mental and physical requirements necessary for an applicant perform the essential functions of this role:
At Holman, we exist to provide rewarding careers and better lives for employees and their families. We hire, train, empower, and reward exceptional people. Our journey is guided by our desire to get it right every time and the acknowledgement that we have an opportunity to be better. To be better, we have to do better, and to do better we must know better. That's why we are listening, open to learning new things - about ourselves and each other. We will never stop striving for improved diversity, equity, and inclusion because we are successful together when we feel trusted and supported. It's The Holman Way.Holman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Majority of work performed outside at a customers place of business
- Vision - Ability to see things in close proximity whether through natural or corrected vision.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Occasional lifting of 10-50 pounds