**Ask about our new pay rates and opportunities for multiple pay raises each year **
Cooley Dickinson is the hospital for nurses to learn, grow and accelerate their career. We are seeking professionals who are committed to the highest quality patient care and will contribute to our on-going pursuit of excellence.
Ask us about our Nurse Residency Program and Specialty-specific orientation programs which provide our new nurses with increased clinical support and education during orientation.
Our ED has been recognized by the American Heart Association for its treatment of patients with chest pain, and has been licensed by the MA DPH as a Primary Stroke Center. The department has received the American Heart Association's Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus quality achievement award. There is a current capital campaign underway to raise funds for a $20 million renovation and expansion of the department.
With energy and purpose, Cooley Dickinson Health Care, a member of the Mass General Brigham system, is advancing health care in western Massachusetts, and has been since 1886. Our network employs more than 2,000 medical professionals and support staff, at our main Hospital campus in Northampton and additional locations in twelve towns throughout the Pioneer Valley. Cooley Dickinson's VNA & Hospice is also a vital part of our network, providing home-based services throughout Hampshire and Franklin counties.
Accolades and Recognition
Our staff has been consistently recognized for the quality of care and commitment to patient safety provided on a daily basis. Some of these awards include:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) 5-star rating
- The American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) Beacon Award for Excellence
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Leader designation
- The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) awarded a Level 3 Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation (GEDA)
- Baby-Friendly USA designated Baby-Friendly Hospital,
- Newsweek Magazine and Statista named us one of the country's Best Maternity Hospitals
- Cooley Dickinson has earned six consecutive 'A' Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade and the Top General Hospital award
In addition to competitive pay, all Cooley Dickinson employees who work 20 hours or more per week have access to the following benefits with no waiting period:
- a range of health, dental, vision, prescription and life insurance benefits
- a generous and flexible Earned Time Off program starting at six weeks accrual per year
- 403(b) retirement plan with various investment options
- opportunities and support for continued education including tuition reimbursement
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivering patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The Registered Nurse directs and coordinates all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards and collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
The Emergency Nurse provides care to patients with urgent or critical illness, patients requiring emergency care and patients seeking treatment for non-urgent care. The Emergency Nurse triages patients according to care requirements and provides ongoing assessment of their condition, immediate interventions and discharge teaching.
This position is part of the Massachusetts Nurses Association Bargaining Unit at Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager/Director and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required; BSN preferred
- Licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse (RN) required
- BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required within 3 months of hire or transfer into department.
- De-escalation certification required within 60 days of hire or transfer into department.
- PALS or ENPC certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer into department.
- Critical Care RN and/or Emergency RN experience required.
- Demonstrated excellent technical, interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills required.
- Additional unit-specific education and experience requirements are outlined in the Addendum for each unit.
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.