12 Hour Night Shift
St. Francis Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN), for Night Shift (7pm-7am) shift in our ER Department.
Our colleagues are key to our ability to fulfill our mission here at St. Francis Medical Center and we could not be prouder of our "Healthcare Heroes"!!
We are looking for highly organized, compassionate candidates to work as ER nurses. ER nurses are the first line of defense when responding to patient injuries, trauma, or allergic reactions. They are always prepared to respond to emergencies, assist doctors in emergency medical care, and ensure a high quality of nursing standards are maintained, among other duties.
Moreover, ER nurses are required to remain calm under pressure, display sound decision-making skills and be attentive to patient needs.
Top Reasons to Work at St. Francis Medical Center:
What your day will look like:
- Amazing health benefits package
- Generous matching 403(b) retirement plan
- Career growth and advancement potential (including tuition reimbursement!)
- Supportive team atmosphere
- Alignment to a mission that is so important - if we have learned anything about the pandemic, it is that hospital employees are truly local Heroes!
- Full Time/ Night Shift/36 hours weekly
- Being ready to respond and equipped to deal with a medical emergency.
- Quickly assessing patient needs.
- Treating critical injuries, allergic reactions, and trauma.
- Performing minor medical operations.
- Cleaning wounds.
- Drawing blood.
- Maintaining emergency room care standards.
- Assisting with insurance paperwork.
- Ensuring the efficiency of the patient check-in process.
- Displaying strong decision-making skills in emergency scenario
- New Jersey State-approved nursing licensure.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience Emergency Department.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Preferred: Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification and Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) certification advantageous.
- Able to work under high pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Are you ready to step up your potential and write your story with us? Apply today!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to see within normal limits (including identification of colors) with or without use of corrective devices
- Ability to hear within normal range with or without corrective devices
- Motor dexterity of hands and fingers
- Ability to utilize proper body mechanics
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, lifts, move and pull frequently
- Ability to lift at least 35 pounds without assistance
- Ability to communicate in the English language orally and in writing
- Ability to work in hot or cold areas
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.