We are an amazing team on unit 2-5! Our resilient staff bring the best in Med Surge nursing by caring and supporting each other and the community. We are dedicated to caring for Medical/Surgical/Telemetry patients admitted to our hospitalist's service. There is a variety of specialties including acute medical, cardiac and respiratory conditions. We monitor class I telemetry and manage cardiac drips. Specialized training includes CORE EKG, NICHE program and ventilator care with capacity to care for prolonged ventilated patients. Our supportive leaders work right alongside staff to provide a safe and efficient work environment. They care about us personally and professionally and do their best to balance our work life.
Currently offering up to $10,000 in recruitment bonuses for qualified energetic RN's who are passionate about the profession. We strive for flexible scheduling and work hard to balance and meet the needs of the unit and staff. Currently considering full time and part time 8 hour nights or evening/night rotation.
We learn - We grow- We listen! This is nursing! Because together we can achieve!!
Unit 2-5 is a 40 bed Medical/Surgical/Telemetry unit caring for patients admitted to our hospitalist's service.
What you will do:
- Recognized Leader: First Magnet Designated Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
- Only local hospital to receive a Leapfrog A for patient safety. Patient outcomes remain a top priority!
- Shared Governance: Unit practice counsel and open-door guiding principle give us all a voice.
- Professional Relationships: Strong rapport with cardiology and hospitalist physician groups. Rounding with interdisciplinary team supports each care plan.
- We incorporate a primary care nursing model with a team approach to meet the needs of the patient population.
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, clinical support, and generous tuition allowance.
- Work/Life: Scheduling options that balance work/life/school calendars.
- We encourage job share opportunities to enhance satisfaction and growth.
- Therapeutic med/surg nursing interventions and hands on skills including class I telemetry, cardiac drips, stroke care, temporary pacer care and more. Patient education, goal setting, critical thinking and care planning.
- Care for and provide treatment modalities.
- Collaborative team approach: SNAP rounds daily. Vent rounds with interdisciplinary team of hospitalist physicians, clinical affiliates, medical social work, care managers, nutrition, Rehab services, spiritual care, and pharmacy.
- Participate in precepting and mentoring students and new staff.
- Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
Career Advancement Opportunities:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New York. Graduate Nurses or RN's with less than 1 year of experience please apply to the GN residency postings.
- Maintains current BLS/CPR certification.
- Participates in orientation, continuing education to stay current with practice and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
- National certification is promoted and supported for clinical ladder growth.
- Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement, and national certification.
- Career path to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
- We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
- To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
Work Environment and Hazards:
- In the spirit of good Stewardship, we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverence in honoring the dignity of every person, Excellence in expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
- Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
Work Contact Group:
- Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
- All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical Services/Nursing Administration.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.