What we offer:
- Effective Day 1 Benefit Package(Medical, Dental, Vision, and more)for positions 16 hours per week or greater
- Competitive wages; including weekend and night differentials
- Generous paid time off program
- Retirement Savings program with employer match starting on Day 1
Vary depending on needs of department.About The Job:
Provides care across the surgical continuum, from pre-admission scheduling, testing, and teaching, preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care (phase I-III), discharge and postoperative follow-up care in various settings (operating room, endoscopy suites and all areas where surgical procedures may be performed). Functions in the role of a scrub and/or circulating nurse. Cleans and sterilizes instruments, supplies and equipment according to prescribed procedures and techniques. Assists surgeons in Specialty Clinic as needed.What we are looking for:
- Graduate of a program in professional nursing
- Current RN licensure in the State of Iowa
- Demonstrates competency in acute care setting.
- Minimum of 2-3 years Previous ER or Critical Care experience desirable
- Previous experience in a surgical department and/or endoscopy suite in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center setting preferred.
- Previous experience in scrubbing and circulating in the OR is preferred.
Special Skills and Competencies:
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of references, background checks, pre-employment physical, drug screen and post offer exam.EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), VEVRAA, and Section 503, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, please call Human Resources at (641) 428-7287 or email us at email@example.comOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- AORN certification preferred Completes Introduction to Telemetry class or equivalent within 3 months of hire.
- Experience with computer software and willingness to learn new software (Excel,Microsoft, Cerner Surgi-Net, WorkDay etc.)
- Ability to work flexible hours and participate in surgical call rotation (must be within 30 minutes of the hospital)
- Must provide proof of Basic Life Support (BLS Healthcare Provider, American Heart Association; or American Red Cross, Professional Rescuer-LIVE class only) via current card prior to employment or within 60 days of hire and maintains current status.
- Completes Mandatory Reporting: Child and Dependent Adult Abuse requirement within 6 months of hire and renews this requirement every 5 years.
- Completes Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- Completes Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) - American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.