Nurse Case Manager
(SUMMARY) Position Highlights:
- Competitive pay
Additional Benefits: Relocation assistance, tuition reimbursement, free parking
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Opportunities to advance through the Clinical Advancement Program
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
- Full-Time 8am - 4:30pm
- Reporting to the Director of Care Management
- Case Managers works with a high degree of autonomy, are responsible for establishing clinical appropriateness for inpatient admission or observation status, regardless of payer source. Discusses with and informs physicians of appropriate patient status, based upon medical record documentation. Works closely with physicians, nurses, and admission and registration staff.
What you will need:
- Provides patient and family education about disease management and expected outcomes
- Implements case management activities for all age groups that promote continuous improvement in the coordination of care (birth to geriatric)
- Monitors and manages clinical resource consumption, ensures clinical documentation is accurate
- Provides continuity of care and post hospital planning in order to optimize cost efficient resource utilization and reduce re-hospitalization
- RN licensed by the State of Maryland.
- 2-4 years of hospital experience in Critical Care, Emergency Medicine or Med-Surg
- BSN required or Associates Degree with CCM certification
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2022.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.